We have just returned from a great two night stay and have nothing but praise for this lovely establishment. It is in a magnificent setting being raised up from the road in Symonds Yat and has lovely gardens and a terrace from which to enjoy the magnificent views of the river Wye and the village. We were in room 2 and had superb views up, down and across the river. The room was very clean, comfortable and well presented. The shower room was small but very well set out. There is a comfortable lounge and bar area on the ground floor. The dining room is spacious and laid out to take advantage of the river views.
At breakfast there were cereals, fruit, yogurt and juices available and breakfasts ( which you order the night before) were cooked to order. Tea, coffee and toast are freely available, We also had a two course evening meal which was well cooked and good value.
The owners were very welcoming and keen to do anything they could to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.
We had a lovely time and would thoroughly recommend Forest View.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our four star guest-house. Visitors will be treated to a breakfast of their choice; much needed after the multitude of outdoor activities available on the doorstep. From short breaks to long stays, Gill and John do their best to cater for individual needs to make each stay unforgettable double and twin rooms offer panoramic river views, so for those who haven't managed the cycling, kayaking, hiking, fishing or climbing, they can still appreciate the famous Three Countries View (Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Monmouthshire) from the comfort of their room. Stunning bed and breakfast accommodation with panoramic views of the River Wye. Set in over an acre of beautiful gardens with lawns, shrubs and ornamental fish-pond. Total of eleven double bedrooms, all with en-suites. Licensed Bar,Free Wi-Fi Internet available. Conveniently located for Cheltenham, Chepstow, Gloucester, Hereford, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye. Excellent road links to Cardiff and South Wales.Private parking. Pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. Check-in time from 2.30pm, Check-out time is no later than 10.30am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Forest View Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forest View Guest House Hotel Symonds Yat
- Forest View Guest House Symonds Yat, England