We really liked the Saracen's head. It's not fancy or pretentious - a simple pub with rooms. The food was excellent - local produce - well prepared and tasty. The service was great. The staff were helpful and friendly - giving lots of tips on things to do and places to see nearby.
The room was small but it had a lovely view of the river and was very clean.
The location is really good we were there on a cold and wet November weekend but we were able to fill our time with short local walks and time by the fire with the papers in the pub/restaurant.
Would love to go back in the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saracens Head Inn has stood for centuries in its spectacular position on the east bank of the River Wye where the river flows into a steep wooded gorge, on the edge of the Forest of Dean. Popular with walkers, cyclists, canoeists, fishermen and fans of good food and real ales, the Inn has a relaxed ambiance throughout, from the flagstone bar to the cozy lounge and stylish dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Saracens Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Saracens Head Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Saracens Head Inn Symonds Yat, England