We were very fortunate to find this delightful old inn right beside the beautiful River Wye. The location is magical with wonderful views along the river and a quaint old hand pulled ferry across the river. The staff were very welcoming on arrival and throughout our stay. Our room was first class and the food delicious. The selection of beers in the bar overlooking the river was very impressive. We climbed the path behind the hotel to the viewpoint at Symond's Rock which has tremendous views over the winding River Wye valley including sheer limestone cliffs where peregrine falcons nest. Then we walked west along the riverside path across the footbridge to the iron age Little Doward Hillfort inspecting a limekiln on the way. The hotel staff had told us about these walks when we arrived. Altogether a lucky find to be highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saracens Head Inn has stood for centuries in its spectacular position on the east bank of the River Wye where the river flows into a steep wooded gorge, on the edge of the Forest of Dean. Popular with walkers, cyclists, canoeists, fishermen and fans of good food and real ales, the Inn has a relaxed ambiance throughout, from the flagstone bar to the cozy lounge and stylish dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Saracens Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Saracens Head Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Saracens Head Inn Symonds Yat, England