Stayed here for my partners birthday night on Fri 17 May 2013. Numerous visits as the title suggests. Yet again, welcomed like old friends. Arrived lunch time, few drinks, and a stunning lunch for us both. I had the beer battered cod, my partner had the "moules" Bar staff and waitering staff were second to none, and were all professional, respectful and polite, and were a credit to The Saracens Head. We stayed in Room 10, which was spotless, with clean, crisp white linen on the beds, and stunning soft towels to dry off in after a shower.
Dinner was fantastic, my steak was juicy and tender, and cooked to perfection, my partners duck was exquisite. This was complemented by a stunning Moko New Zealand wine, which was recommended by the friendly waitress. Although we are regulars here, the owners, Pete and Chris Rollinson maintain excellent standards, and run a well tuned, totally perfect hotel / bar and restaurant. I, personally, would recommend this hotel to eat, drink and stay at. Im not saying this as a frequent returnee, but a 100% totally satisfied customer. We will see you again in the not too distant future. Paul & Kirsty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saracens Head Inn has stood for centuries in its spectacular position on the east bank of the River Wye where the river flows into a steep wooded gorge, on the edge of the Forest of Dean. Popular with walkers, cyclists, canoeists, fishermen and fans of good food and real ales, the Inn has a relaxed ambiance throughout, from the flagstone bar to the cozy lounge and stylish dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Saracens Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Saracens Head Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Saracens Head Inn Symonds Yat, England