Have stayed here several times over the years and also used it as a local pub when we lived in the area.
The surrounding countryside and general location is simply stunning, with river, rapids, forest walks, cycling, canoeing, rock climbing, caving and river cruises. It's Tourism the old fashioned way and this side of the River has been completely rejuvenated over the past two decades by the owners of this lovely old Inn.
Food is great, slightly expensive but you do pay for the location as well.. beer always well looked after and a good variety of local ales and snacks.. think Wye Valley Brewery and Tyrells snacks.
You get some great Black Country banter from the owners Chris and Pete who will always greet you with a smile and most likely a joke or two.
Rooms are small but very well appointed with a rural feel, cleanliness is spot on and the river views really make the stay special. Waking up to the sound of river rapids and surrounding wildlife is a relaxing experience. You can sometimes see peregrins, deer, bears and even the odd boar, I'm not joking about the last one (see signs at the Biblins bridge).
Walks in the woodland here are just sublime and you can find old lime kilns and prehistoric caves In Symonds Yat West which can be reached by the olde hand drawn ferry or.. across the Biblins rope bridge further down stream.
Symonds Yat simply would not be the same without this pub and the present owners help make it. Pete's breakfasts are hearty and cooked to perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saracens Head Inn has stood for centuries in its spectacular position on the east bank of the River Wye where the river flows into a steep wooded gorge, on the edge of the Forest of Dean. Popular with walkers, cyclists, canoeists, fishermen and fans of good food and real ales, the Inn has a relaxed ambiance throughout, from the flagstone bar to the cozy lounge and stylish dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Saracens Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Saracens Head Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Saracens Head Inn Symonds Yat, England