“evening meal”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The staff were very attentive and the service was great. The food was about what we would pay in Kent for a meal-you pay for what you get. Norton House, where we were staying, gave us a 10% off voucher, which needless to say, we forgot to cash in. Never mind!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Having had a not so good experience at a nearby local just up the lane the night before we stumbled across this place. Ye olde ferry inn is ideal for food and drinks if your travelling along the river or staying at the nearby paddock cottages as we were.

As a large group of males we were still made to feel very welcome even if at times we may have been a little loud. the food we ordered was probably the best we'd had during during our 3 days in symonds yat. Most of us had burgers which were all served and presented very well and tasted even better. the staff were very polite and helpful especially the young lady who i think was called emily.

there was a huge selection of drinks to choose from in the very cosy bar, so many so that we stayed here until chucking out time.

this pub has a great atmosphere and was much more popular than the wye knot inn just up the lane.

Id definitely recommend the Ye Olde Ferry Inn to any one who is in the area. you wont be dissapointed.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by for a cheeky pint while on our walk and decided to book a table for the following evening, even this task was a pleasure as the staff were pleasant, helpful and attentive.
We arrived and were welcomed by helpful staff. We wanted a window table and the staff were more than happy to oblige. The pub was busy but had a lovely atmosphere as there was NO music and everyone was being sociable which made a lovely change. We had a starter main and desert that were fresh and well presented. Stickie has a nut allergy and the staff were helpful trying to find a desert for her. I would thoroughly recommend the Ye Old Ferrie Inn. Thank you to all the staff for making such a wonderful evening. Stickie and Steve.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

the food here cannot be faulted. It is all beautifully presented, extremely tasty, obviously includes first class ingredients and is very reasonably priced. Jamie and his staff are all very attentive and nothing is too much trouble. The view from the restaurant, and from the outside seating areas is fantastic, being at the waters edge.
We had not visited before but will certainly being going again. We would definitely recommend anyone to pay YOFI a visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is in reply to the review made on the 2nd of September 2013.

I was the member of staff in question, who served both the drinks and the food to this group. I can't remember charging this amount for the drinks transaction and I can't trace it on the till, however £21.45 is certainly too expensive for the drinks ordered, it should have been more around £14. If indeed this was the amount charged, it will have been a simple mistake on the till, and is certainly no reflection on the prices of the drinks served here.

The group ordered two brie, bacon and cranberry sandwiches. I explained to them that the kitchen had run out of cranberry and so the sandwiches would be brie and bacon instead. After serving the sandwiches to them, they said that they had been served without the bacon. Straight away I realised that i'd made a mistake on the till, the brie and cranberry button is right next to the brie bacon and cranberry button, again a simple mistake which I apologised for. I had the chef make the correct sandwich, fresh and within minutes. When I gave it to them, again apologising for the mistake, they gave me the impression that they were understanding and accepting, so i'm understandably frustrated with this review.

As I was the only member of staff working that day, i'm confused as to why they have both criticised me for not being attentive and then praised me as 'the most pleasant girl'. I don't have an identical twin.

1  Thank louise g