“Good food and welcoming staff”
Review of Ye Old Ferrie Inn

Ye Old Ferrie Inn
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Popped in for a quick lunch after a canoe trip on the Wye - we need to warm up after getting caught in the rain! The pub was busy, but we found a table, not too far from the real fire which was very welcome ! I had the home-made mushroom and tarragon soup and my partner had whitebait. Both were excellent, service was friendly and fast. We'll be back for a longer lunch the next time we're in the area !

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We has lunch on a Saturday and was fantastic. A burger and a sarnie, very well presented and tasted delicious. the view is lovely over the River Wye!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

By the Ferry (obviously) but not always running so you may have to walk on about 500 yards to the next crossing or a mile to the bridge.
Anyway the food and beer are good and the staff helpful.
They have a new puppy called Fluffy (a patterdale terrier cross) and it bites - I still have the teeth marks to prove it. Great laugh and mad as a box of frogs.
They have rooms too but we stayed at the Wye Knot Inn which turned out to be safer!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had been on a walking holiday for a couple of days and stumbled across the Ye Old Ferrie Inn. Slap bang on the river picture perfect. As soon as we walked in we were met by james i think he was called the landlord a lovely old chap, he was very welcoming. The food was lovely but the best thing was the ale they had Butty bach I think thats how its spelt, well any way it is my fav.
All in all the pub is lovely place to stop for a drink and a bite.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

The pub is situated directly next to the river and our, clean, recently refurbished room boasted great views both up and down the river wye. My partner and I stayed local to the area where we visited Yat rapids and took the pubs foot ferrie across the river to walk up Yat Rock. Had we planned our stay better we would of taken the option to canoe the wye. I found the food to be a mix of traditional pub grub with a few finer specials. The locally sourced steak was so good I opted for it again the second night. In all I rate the place; I am planning to go again (with the kids this time) and given all the accommodation options in Symonds Yat this boasts the most competing rates. Enjoy!

1  Thank upthestakes