Wye Knot Inn
$79
The Royal Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
$96
Very Good 4/5
The King's Head Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
$98
$95
Great 4.5/5
The Chase Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
$127
Very Good 4/5
The Old Court Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
TripAdvisor
Glewstone Court(Ross-on-Wye)
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsthe pubdoom barfillet steakan evening mealsunday afternoonlog burnerpieslovely walkfriendly atmospherequizlandlorddogmenuwyepaddockdaveportions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2013

...because over £8 for a coffee (very nice) and a sandwich (very average) is really a bit much when there is nothing else special going on. I would balk at this in a big city pub or restaurant and thought I must be in for something really grand. grated mild cheddar isnt quite going to deliver

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have recently moved into the area and as I drive past this pub every evening on my way home from work, I decided to take my partner for a drink and some food here.

Most of the tables were pre-booked but the barmaid showed us to a free table. Food is a little on the pricey side, but quite varied. We both went for the fish and chips, which were quick to be served (and served with a smile).

The meal was amazing - I have not had fish and chips quite like the ones served here. It was a substantial portion (luckily I was hungry) and although full after finishing, the fish was cooked so well I even helped finish off my girlfriends meal!

The locals seem friendly and I look forward to returning to the knot to enjoy the odd pint or two after work and mix with the regulars.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

having stayed at the nearby paddock cottages for a canoeing trip this pub was recommended to me for evening food and drinks. inside it looks ok and there was a decent selection behind the bar although the bar staff did appear to be a little offish. we ordered food which didnt take to long to arrive but for what it cost it was definitely not worth the money and quite expensive anyway.

some of our group asked if they could have a morning breakfast if we came back at 9 am to which they said yes for £6.95 a head. although again this seemed to be a little expensive the bar maid did indicate that it was a decent sized meal. when they received their breakfast the following morning they were extremely dissapointed to have the tiniest full english you could imagine. the breakfast was so tiny that one of the group asked if they could have a couple of slices of bread to make a sandwich! eventually the server reluctantly gave my mate his bread but you could tell he was not happy to do so. when it came to paying the same gent tried to add another £1 onto everyone's breakfast! eventually we all left still feeling hungry and ripped off.

the following evening we dined at the much better olde ferry inn and went to a local cafe on the A40 the morning after for a proper full english at a more reasonable price

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chill6834
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We had to go to symonds yat at short notice and I needed somewhere we could take the dog. First thing that came up was a review on trip advisor that just mentioned they were fine with dogs staying so I just rang and booked.

Really nicely done room and our dog felt very at home as each member of staff kept bringing her biscuits over. The owner was completely besotted with her and even gave her more sausages at breakfast than I got myself.

The food was really nice pub grub and it was a friendly relaxed atmosphere. Also the Butty Bach on tap is worth a stay in itself.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Staying locally so popped in for a drink on the Saturday. Nice pint, friendly staff, and a number of specials to eat. Booked a table for Sunday evening for 8 people. Nothing left of specials, and 3 choices of main not available. Roast dinner 2 of us had was tasteless, and not much better for other main meals.
However the really low point was the service we had. The barmaid made us feel as if we were an inconvenience, and did not have any real appreciation of customer service(it wasn't busy). We were intending to stay for the quiz, but payed and left. Would not return

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends