My wife and I stayed here earlier this month, thankfully only for one night. The staff were helpful and the breakfast was good, but the whole place was terribly run down and untidy inside and out. The bedroom was reached by a drab narrow corridor and the room was beige woodchip wallpaper in need of some fresh paint. There were no hooks in either the bedroom or the bathroom (badly in need of decoration with the skirting board hanging off). There was no bedside table, just a tall standard lamp for the bedside light.
Having sat at a grubby table for a while and finding little on the menu of interest, we dined elsewhere when a group who had been hogging the fire all afternoon pulled their chairs across, thus cutting off any sight or benefit we were getting from the fire - not strictly the landlord's fault but he could have done something about it.
Breakfast was served in a cold converted veranda which had been filled with cheap plastic double-glazing with daylight and a stiff breeze coming through all the gaps where it had not been fitted properly.
This pub has a stunning location but it is simply not good enough: come on! invest some capital, you need a re-vamp and get the paintbrush out!
David and Sarah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful riverside pub has been standing on the banks of the River Wye since the 15th Century. With charming traditional features, warming open fires and stunning views across the valley. Ye Old Ferrie Inn is the ideal place place to enjoy a pint or two....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ye Old Ferrie Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Old Ferrie Hotel Symonds Yat
- Ye Old Ferrie Inn Symonds Yat, England