“great location and friendly service”
Review of Ye Old Ferrie Inn

Ye Old Ferrie Inn
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went for dinner at Ye Old Ferrie Inn (Symonds Yat West) with our 2 young children. Were glad we booked in advance as it does get busy and a lot of tables were reserved. The Inn is in a great location right on the river and it has a bunkhouse and b&b rooms (didn't look at them) which seem popular with canoeists - you can hire canoes right outside.
Friendly service and very child-tolerant, relaxed atmosphere.
Menu had something for everyone, I would say main courses were fine rather than fantastic, but the sticky toffee pudding was delicious. Childrens menu could be a bit more imaginitive and for the price I would expect a scoop of ice cream or drink to be included.

The Inn is a great option for dinner in the area and a lovely place to spend an evening.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the bunk house accommodation which is basic but great for a lads weekend away, great location and along with great food ciders and real ale it is a 5 Star weekend away. Ideal location for walkers and with canoe trips going from the car park could not be better placed

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A group of 6 girls went to the Ye Old Ferrie Inn after a canoeing expedition and I have to say, the owner of this place really knows about hospitality which I have to say is becoming a very rare skill these days. The food was just fantastic, great atmosphere and overlooking the River it doesn't get better than this. It was the perfect way to finish off our girlie canoeing weekend. I live in Frampton on Severn and I would go to this place just to have lunch. It also has bunk rooms and accommodation so may even come back to stay with my family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Do not judge this Inn by first appearance, the welcome is warm and the food and service is excellent. The rooms are very clean and functional, this is not a plastic Brand Hotel this is a peaceful and pleasant experieince. Downside is stairs are a bit steep and narrow but remember it is Location Location Location you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: If you can climb stairs ask for Kingfisher, Looks our over River Wye.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for the May Day bank holiday weekend. Upon arrival we were met by a very pleasant young man who showed us to our room, which was pleasant and with a stunning view. Bed linen crispy clean and lovely fluffy towels. Fresh milk was given to us for the tea/coffee tray. We booked a table for evening meal and were told that there would be a private party in the bar area that evening and hoped we would be ok - it was fine. The meal was lovely ...well cooked and nicely presented plus it was not over-priced. The owner, Jamie, was very chatty and helpful when we asked about local walks. I actually fell whilst out walking and Jamie was quick to give me a bag of ice as soon as I got back to the hotel, and he asked how I was feeling later in the evening and the following day. The atmosphere was relaxed and we were made to feel very welcome. I would have liked to stay longer and chill even more. Breakfast was good ...biggish selection but Jamie would almost do whatever you wanted if not on the list but do-able. The "olde ferrie" still exists outside the inn, just wait the other side and they will bring you back to the hotel for free if you are a resident, or take you to the other side if that's what you want to do. The bar area is very old and to be honest a little tired, but I think Jamie is in the process of doing it up and it will, I am sure, take a while. I would still recommend it if you want somewhere nice to stay with friendly people and good food. The Brazilian lady who helped at breakfast was lovely too.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a river view. I could hear the kitchen extractor from the "ferrie man &q...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Absolutely wonderful, jaimie you are a great host.
Great room, great food, great drinks, wonderful location, sorry but could not fault it.
Nothing appears to be too much.
All staff fantastic will definately be going back to stay

Room Tip: They all overlook the river so difficult to judge which is better Remember this is a 15th Century I...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

At first we where a little perplexed at YOFI . But then really enjoyed the room , the food ,the staff and Jamie the owner. It is a pub with rooms and they are good and the bonus was the people who were staying there at the same time as we did. We had a lot in common especially sitting by the fire after a lovely meal .

Room Tip: Ask for the Ferrieman
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 12 in Ross-on-Wye
The Royal Lodge
The Royal Lodge
#2 of 6 in Symonds Yat

Been to Ye Old Ferrie Inn? Share your experiences!