Went for dinner at Ye Old Ferrie Inn (Symonds Yat West) with our 2 young children. Were glad we booked in advance as it does get busy and a lot of tables were reserved. The Inn is in a great location right on the river and it has a bunkhouse and b&b rooms (didn't look at them) which seem popular with canoeists - you can hire canoes right outside.
Friendly service and very child-tolerant, relaxed atmosphere.
Menu had something for everyone, I would say main courses were fine rather than fantastic, but the sticky toffee pudding was delicious. Childrens menu could be a bit more imaginitive and for the price I would expect a scoop of ice cream or drink to be included.
The Inn is a great option for dinner in the area and a lovely place to spend an evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful riverside pub has been standing on the banks of the River Wye since the 15th Century. With charming traditional features, warming open fires and stunning views across the valley. Ye Old Ferrie Inn is the ideal place place to enjoy a pint or two....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ye Old Ferrie Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Old Ferrie Hotel Symonds Yat
- Ye Old Ferrie Inn Symonds Yat, England