“The largest portions I've ever seen”

The Saracens Head Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great food, in fact the menu has many dishes which sound the same as other restaurants, but wow are the portions big. I had mussels to start with, and they were very good indeed. The lanb chops also included a small sheppard pie, all in all great food.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I don't really want many people knowing about this place. The more that know the harder it will be to get a table!
It truly is a fantastic pub, the food, the location, the ambience. I can find no fault with this place at all. Ok, it might seem a little pricey too some, but my god it's worth it. I have eaten here numerous times and have never been dissapointed.
All I can say is please don't go there when I need a table.

1  Thank gengis10000
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We visited with a group of 20 girls! They gave us a very pleasant individual dining room; champagne (purchased for us in advance by a friends mother) was all laid out ready for us on arrival. The service was timely, good but not too intrusive. The food was very tasty and portion sizes were good. I had a big bowl of mussels and a very good steak with plenty of chips. Good wine list. A nice olde worldy pub with plenty of nooks and crannies. It was dark whilst we were there, but its right on the river so would be beautiful on a sunny day.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Menu was a little limited. You must book your table or you will not get in. Once in everybody seams to stay at their table till closing.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our canoe club haver been visiting the Forest of Dean for about 25 years and this is our favourite place to eat or have a boozy evening before returning to our tents.