“Had a great stay... Great location for Racecourse and station”

Premier Inn Liverpool (Aintree) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aintree
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Had a great stay... Great location for Racecourse and station”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just returned home from a 3 night stay and yet again a premier inn didn't let us down...... Opposite the station for trains into Liverpool Central, which is a great place to visit. The rocking horse pub next door, had good food and selection of drinks as well as a children's play area (we didn't need this) so great for anyone taking small children.

The only thing missing in the rooms was air con, and it being so unusually hot for our country would have been a great bonus......but all rooms had fans, so that helped a lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We are a hot air balloon team and we stayed at this hotel for the Aintree hot air balloon fiesta.

On checking in the receptionist was brilliant. We had an ok meal in the pub next door. The staff there were very welcoming and we have no complaints.

Slight down side for me was the guy working on the Saturday evening was a little short with us over our assistance dogs.We as a family have two assistance dogs and a puppy under training. I had decided that the dogs would be happier in the car whilst we were out having a late evening drink.

They were very settled but needed to be toileted. This I did and other members of the team wanted a final smoke of the evening. On returning to the reception we were chastised for being outside at 11.30pm. I totally understand it was hot, windows were open and he didn't want us disturbing other guests.

All in all, great standards of cleanliness, efficient staff, and would have no hesitation of staying there again

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
O'Brien's Bridge, Ireland
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here last week for 4 nights with my friend & my 2 young children. Quite basic but what do you expect for the price! Very clean rooms, well serviced with plenty of extra towels & linen if required. The staff were all extremely friendly & helpful, especially Ruth & Jay, I had problems connecting to their wifi service and they were very helpful in trying to rectify the situation. However the signal you our room was just not strong enough (room 21) so if you need wifi avoid room 21!! We had breakfast booked also which was served in the bar/restaurant across from the hotel. Again very friendly staff and really lovely breakfasts, plenty of cereal choices, yoghurts, fruits and breads and the usual fry ups! I had poached eggs with bacon, very nice. This hotel is situated just across the road from Aintree train station, it's only £3 return for the train into Liverpool Central and children under 5 are free, very handy if you want to be able to easily access the city without paying huge city hotel prices, journey only take 15 mins or so and the trains are every 10-15 mins. It was £11 in a taxi from the city centre back to the hotel on Sat afternoon. There is also a KFC in the same complex as the hotel and a nice little cafe The Grand Cafe just a few mins walk from the hotel to the left towards the Vale. I will most definitely stay here again when I visit my family in Liverpool, great price, location & staff!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank MicheleH72
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Travelling without the children with my husband for a family wedding.
We travelled by train so the location was perfect.
We booked early for lowest rates & was informed of event @racecourse & possible noise which didn't matter to us but thought that was very good to put on site.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Holyhead
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here for a week whilst a relative was having an operation at the Walton Neurocentre. The Inn is within easy driving distance of this and the Aintree University Hospital, although public transport requires a change. The service was as advertised and the staff were extremely friendly and caring. The food choice in the area is a bit limited - a themed pub or KFC, but one is opposite Aintree rail station which within 15 minutes can take one into Liverpool Central. The Inn is immediately next to Aintree racecourse which, at the time I was there had very little going on. I cannot, therefore, judge what it would be like when there is an event taking place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on 05/07/13. Whether I pay £29 or £129 a night when a chain advertises high standards wherever you stay I expect to see that standard regardless of location. I don't understand why Premier Inn would let this tired, and seemingly old location advertise its brand. I'm not sure whether the flooring in the bathroom is just plain old or plain dirty. I wasn't about to go down on my hands and feet to find out. The carpeted floor hadn't been vacuumed properly and all in all it was a bit shabby. If this was my first experience of a Premier Inn (it's not - I've stayed in quite a few) I would be looking at their competitors next time I was away. On the other hand the receptionist was lovely and bubbly and deserved a better location to use her skills. She would get four stars for herself. The hotel only gets two, it would have been one but I did have a good night's sleep and for the price I paid it wasn't bad value.

• Stayed July 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Liverpool (Aintree) Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Ashton-u-Lyne Lancs
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here whilst my daughter was in hospital overnight. Arrived late, but made welcome, everything explained fully
Room was clean and comfy, but could do with some updating, busy day so out like a light!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aintree
Park Hotel
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#40 of 97 in Liverpool
Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Liverpool (Aintree) Hotel? Share your experiences!