We stayed at the Servigroup Galua for one night in August.
We found the hotel had some positive features, but we were disappointed by a number of things.
The location is great as it's right on the beach, and views from our rooms were fantastic. It's very clean and the pool is nice. However, the hotel itself and the rooms are dated.
The buffet was available, but queues at breakfast and dinner times were surprisingly long. We had to come back for breakfast at a later time as there were no tables available at 9:40am.
The pool was closed until at least 11am and we were not sure why. WiFi service was poor and non existent at times, and air-conditioning in the room was weak.
Generally the staff were polite, just not very enthusiastic.
We travelled with two teenagers and whilst we did not find it was a teenagers paradise, the square outside the hotel and the area around did offer entertainment for our kids. The guest at the hotel itself were either grandparents age or families with very little children, for which the hotel made an effort to entertain.
In summary, this is more a three star than a four star hotel, and at EUR 160 pr/pn half board, we weren't sure that it represented good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: - The Servigroup Galua Hotel is located on the seafront, on Galua's Beach and close to the well- known Bohemia Square. Nearby are Sailing Schools, Tennis and Golf clubs. - 30 Km from Cartagena and 75 km from Murcia. Facilities and services: - Modern and comfortable hotel, particularly recommended for families. - Large sun terrace and a superb swimming pool for children and adults with sunbeds and parasols (electrolysis disinfection). New pool-bar and lounge bar, which overlooks the sea. -Social lounge, TV room, cafe, several event rooms for conferences and banquets (max. Capacity up to 300 people). - Wellness Centre (supplement), provided with gymnasium, Jacuzzi, massages, and facial and body treatments. -Miniclub and Delfi children's club with its own mascot, workshops and activities (high season - children under 4 years must be accompanied by an adult). - Children's playground. - Entertainment programme (high season). - Free wifi. - Internet zone at reception area (supplement). -Laundry service. - Hotel-owned parking spaces (supplement). Rooms: -The hotel has 6 floors and a total of 194 rooms. There are different types of rooms for the guests: double rooms views to the sea, family rooms, panoramic rooms and Junior Suites. All of them are fully equipped with air-conditioning (depends on the season) and heating system, bathroom with hairdryer, direct dial telephone, LCD TV, mini fridge and safe. -Facilities for disabled people: The hotel has rooms adapted for disabled people, as well as its common areas. Restaurant: - Restaurant with buffet service and show cooking. A selected and varied assortment of dishes including themed dishes, vegetarian choices and delicious desserts. Special celiac menu available on request. Fire and safety installations adapted to the current European regulations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Servigroup, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Servigroup Galua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servigroup Galua Hotel La Manga Del Mar Menor
- Sol Galua Hotel
- Servigroup Galua Spain/La Manga Del Mar Menor