“Deliciously cooked, very reasonably priced seafood”
Review of Casa Pintos

Casa Pintos
Ranked #10 of 72 Restaurants in Cambados
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We were very warmly welcomed and seated comfortably....our shopping was taken from us and placed in cold storage...staff were patient with our limited Spanish and use of mobile phone translation...menu was short (A5 page includes starters, mains, desserts and wine)...I trust shorter menus over longer ones anytime...very delicious, beautifully cooked, rustic Spanish food. I highly recommend their scallops and large prawns...lovely service

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Traditional casero restaurant.
Navajas very good.
Bacalao a la galega good.
Albarino casero very good for the price.
Price ok.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 4, 2015 via mobile

Amazingly this is the only place to eat in this old part of town, surrounded by narrow streets and houses. It's well signposted though...
I was too early at 20.45, so I watched the sunset by the Torre; one of the best settings I can imagine.
I was the only customer until a table of four arrived, so I was treated as a house guest! I chose half starter portions of Navajas (razor clams), which were just perfection; Zamburiñas, again tasty and fresh; and then the most succulent pulpo gallego I've ever had.
All accompanied by wonderful bread and a half bottle of albariño. Followed by the almond cake that is truly special. €26 total; amazing value.
Thank you to Casa Pintos, a simple, memorable shellfish meal.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a great lunch here. The food was fresh, local and really delicious! We had small scallops, grilled with breadcrumbs and onions which were amazing! The clams were delicious too - so was the homemade almond cake. We had to have a bottle of the local Albariño wine too of course! It's a family run place that is well worth going out of the way to find. We would love to go back and would highly recommend it as an authentic place, where the simplicity is something to be cherished. Does anyone know if Rick Stein has eaten here? I think he would love it!

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank HSJ2012
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

It's definitely a worth while visit to this remote, natural and non touristic place. If you are also after the real tastes and not the mediocre quality but highly priced fancy tourist restaurants like us, this is the place for you. Wonderful shellfish, favorites are viviera and pulpa galega. The softest octopus ever. Homemade almond tart and cheese cake were also amazing. A very authentic family business with very friendly owners. We wish we could come back.

1  Thank Basak B