“When you are not welcome”
Review of La Palmera

La Palmera
Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in S'Agaro
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Have you ever experienced you are not welcome in a place? That happens to me today, for my first time in my life, at my 57. La Palmera was one of our restaurants of reference at S’agaró, where we have house since almost 21 years ago. Good restaurant and good quality/price relation. This began to change when part of the staff moved to a new restaurant. La Palmera, in my opinion, suffered their absence. Since then, we are going less, that’s true. But still come. I can understand that, because of this, we lost our category as “preferential client”, to say in a couple of words the preference you have when you are an usual client. But I never imagined I will not be welcome. That’s how I felt when after asking the waiter for a table for two, he put on a free table the signal of “Booked” meanwhile he said “I am afraid, darling, I have no table until 1 / 1.15 h later”
Profesional? I doubt. Fall is large “darling”. And winter even more. Too many weekends to open and need people to support the restaurant. Not me from now.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant offers great food at reasonable prices.The location is perfect, as you are only 10 paces from the beach.The service is excellent and the ambience is chilled and serene.I would wholeheartedly recommend this establishment.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Besides the excellent service, friendly and experience waiters, todays quality was exceptional. Very fresh seafood, specially clams.
You can not find this quality anywhere else for those prices.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

This was a great little place for a quiet cup of coffee, & glass champagne.
There was a good variety of food which was always good. The waiters were very friendly & professional. Thanks Marcus and Brian

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

A quick lunch with five of us, including two kids, on a Saturday afternoon. Do book a table before as it gets extremely busy. Had a selection of seafood, do go for the navajas, don't go for the almejas, and the kids can enjoy yummy croquetas and calamares. Very quick and efficient service with a smile. Paid 130 euro for five of us including a bottle of cava.

Date of visit: July 2018