All reviews excellent breakfast pleasant stay summer holiday reception staff were very helpful first floor lovely beach clean rooms min fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 5 nights and overall it was good accommodation, room 330 with king size bed, small patio, great water pressure. There didn’t seem to be many people on this level which was good as when they were you could hear them. The staff seem pretty disinterested but helpful if you approach them. We hired the hotel bikes which are a great way to cruise down to the lovely beach. We didn’t eat at the restaurant as there are plenty of nice food establishments within three blocks of hotel. Pool and spa area is indoors and small but nice to use.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandy7376
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Very cheap 4☆ hotel. Breakfast was ok. The room is dark, because windows are made with colourful glass. Plus very bad room isolation. You will hear all your neighbours and all noise from the street (the hotel is on the intersection). On the floor is plastic, that makes the room very uncozy.
Beds are uncomfortable and they have wheels (that I find very strange), so they were easy to move, espacially on plastic floor. The bathroom is big and nice. But during the taking shower there are no shelves to put shampoo and shower gel... and the water is running out of the shower cabin (what happening in many hotels). The chair was moving to all sides. I didn't understand, if it was broken or it's an idea. But it was not comfortable for sitting. The beach is about 10 min to walk. Big minus there are no balconys in this hotel and no view at all. If you are going to make short stay and be outside all day long it's ok. For summer holiday I would not advice. We paid 68 CHF for 2 adults and 1 child with brkf. More money this hotel doesn't cost.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Aleksandra R
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Lovely hotel, friendly staff always ready with a smile and ready to assist , good position close to town centre, loads of eating places within walking of the hotel, room clean spacious, excellent breakfast (EUR11) good selection of dishes for lunch and dinner or set menu (EUR13.50 / EUR15.5)
Very competitive room price overall good value for money
highly recommend

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank PAVMAN70
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Everything better than expected, we will be back. Its a perfect place for a couples weekend, really close to the center of Mataro, there are lots of bar and restaurant nearby. We highly recommend this place!

Room tip: Inside room are quiet, but outside rooms are a bit bigger
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Very spacious, clean bathrooms and mini fridge available. The water pressure is great but scalding hot water time to time. NOT GOOD for families with children that have a special diet. As no microwaves or tea kettle is available. My child was not eating any of the local food (and we always bring food that she will eat because we knew this would happen). I read in previous reviews that you can ask to heat your own food from the hotel’s microwave. When I asked, the staff told me it can only be used for baby food. Then, at the hotel’s restaurant- the manager told me he can’t microwave it for me because the restaurant does not allow it. I had to go back to the reception and someone took the food and brought it back microwaved. That was very kind of them since I did not want to see that manager again, he was acting like he was fed up with everything and grumpy.
Fyi, everything in Mataro closes early.
So if you are jetlagged and wake up later in the evening- you have to starve till the next morning. So stock up on sandwiches or something.

This is off topic but europe’s service is very different from other countries I’ve been. We were met with so many servers/police/staff that are simply rude and have a straight face all the time. So when the hotel staff at urh was talking to us with a smile that was very pleasant.

Date of stay: October 2017