All reviews excellent breakfast pleasant stay summer holiday reception staff were very helpful first floor lovely beach clean rooms min centre barcelona fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Everything better than expected, we will be back. Its a perfect place for a couples weekend, really close to the center of Mataro, there are lots of bar and restaurant nearby. We highly recommend this place!

Room tip: Inside room are quiet, but outside rooms are a bit bigger
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Very spacious, clean bathrooms and mini fridge available. The water pressure is great but scalding hot water time to time. NOT GOOD for families with children that have a special diet. As no microwaves or tea kettle is available. My child was not eating any of the local food (and we always bring food that she will eat because we knew this would happen). I read in previous reviews that you can ask to heat your own food from the hotel’s microwave. When I asked, the staff told me it can only be used for baby food. Then, at the hotel’s restaurant- the manager told me he can’t microwave it for me because the restaurant does not allow it. I had to go back to the reception and someone took the food and brought it back microwaved. That was very kind of them since I did not want to see that manager again, he was acting like he was fed up with everything and grumpy.
Fyi, everything in Mataro closes early.
So if you are jetlagged and wake up later in the evening- you have to starve till the next morning. So stock up on sandwiches or something.

This is off topic but europe’s service is very different from other countries I’ve been. We were met with so many servers/police/staff that are simply rude and have a straight face all the time. So when the hotel staff at urh was talking to us with a smile that was very pleasant.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2017

We had a standard double reserved. We got a twin :(. But the worse thing is that the AC doesn´t work in the room. Unfourtanality we had a room on the sunny side but we were offered 2 other rooms as well since the AC in our room gave us temperatures about 30 C. But in neither room there were any improvment. I don´t usally complan about to warm condition but to try to sleep in a bad sauna is too much even for me.

Room tip: ask for a room on the shadow side. Otherwise avoid.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MicaelaV555
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Old, dirty, stinky, falling apart and crapy place that does not deserve any stars! Pictures are not true as I believe the reviews too! We have spent 4 hours in an attempt to cancel the booking, they have showed us 5 scariest rooms on Earth. I know the quality of hotels in Europe is very poor lately, but this is a shame. If you treasure your health, avoid any URH hotels!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank ElleGia
Reviewed October 8, 2017

We went to the URH Ciutat de Mataró to escape from an AirBnB gone wrong, and were received very nicely, the room was comfortable for the price we paid, and the access to the gym and spa was a great bonus! We loved that we could walk around the town relatively easily from the hotel, and found some great places to visit in close proximity.
We had lunch at the URH Restaurant the first day and it was quite honestly the best service I think I have ever had the pleasure of receiving. I made an inquiry about whether one of the options on the pre-prepared lunch menu was gluten free, and the waiter instantly offered to bring an entirely separate menu for me. I stuck with the original menu having been assured that the item I had inquired about was indeed GF. Another waiter brought bread rolls, and I was just going to give mine to my brother as I have grown accustomed to doing, but the first waiter came straight to the table, removed the regular bread, and shortly reappeared with a GF roll, hot, and fresh from the oven! I was so impressed! The food was great, and the servers continued to be lovely and helpful throughout the meal. The lunch was also a great price, which we were grateful for given our sudden change of plans. I am hugely impressed with the hotel, and would definitely recommend it! Thank you!

• Trip type: Traveled with family