“Perfect Hotel, outstanding cleanliness, Stayed13th June - 20th June 2013”

URH Ciutat de Mataro
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mataro
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel frm 13th June for 7 nights,visi to go watch the Moto GP, (if you go next year to Catalunya better to rent a car) although not far by car a nightmare by public transport. the hotel was beautiful, modern and cleaned every day, breakfast nice to, we did miss a balcony to st out after beng out all day but was only a one of due to the GP, no complaints at all

Jane & Colin Shanks (Midlothian,Scotand)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janeshanks75

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Was that a gushing comment? It is An appropriate one. This is a very clean, very comfortable and modern hotel, with rooms appointed with modern comforts that are easy on the eyes with whites and mocha browns. The room had inner doors which buffers the sounds from the hallways. breakfast was complete and good. The room service food had a good range and the soup and dessert (after late long lunches, a full dinner is not necessary) that I had for two nights were very good- chef quality. The free wifi worked well. The staff were friendly and efficient. This is a business trip but I will go back to Mataro and try to see the beaches and the sights as well as enjoy the good Catalan food and long lunches.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank loupeter
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for one night in May. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the rooms are a good size with all modern comforts. The dinning room/bar is small with a limited menu although well cooked and tasty. The Hotel Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located about 10 minutes from the train station with easy access to Barcelona. There is also parking available at a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: Free wifi is available with a limit of 100mb. You can purchase unlimited wifi for around 6 Euro vali...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maurice T
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is an interesting hotel within a mile of the centre of Mataro. I arrived on a Sunday and the restaurant is not open over the weekend, but the receptionist kindly guided me to some excellent restaurants in the centre. By chance at approximately 7 PM in the evening I was lucky enough to see the most amazing Palm Sunday procession through the town to the church. I ate in a cafe of the sidestreet in centre called La Cofrerla which was excellent. The rooms in the hotel were pleasant and modern although I think the air conditioning in mine was not as effective as it could have been. The staff were very kind to me and got me in the morning copy of the holy week program called Setmana Santa Mataro 2013. I would recommend this hotel. They were also kind enough to let me store my bicycle in the hotel and generally were very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The NH Ciutat was our main business hotel when we went to our Spanish Affiliate.

This a fairly good business hotel. Rooms are good, breakfast from OK to good, staff is professional. What do you really want when you're on business trip?

Of course Mataro isn't the most sexy place. So I would not recommend it for a vacation. However for business (and without spare time), it is definitively a good address

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

In February we stayed at this hotel to watch the F1 test Days. It is about 25 mins from the race circuit with very good road access.

I had my doubts about the hotel as the rates were very competitive and it was listed as three star. We felt the reception and actual room were nearer 4 star. The only downside we were in the quieter back part of the hotel and it does feel like you a bit in the back of beyond...but we like the quiet!

The staff were excellent. We had booked a double rather than twin on-line from a an agency - this got translated to twin. So on the first night they didn't have any doubles available, but first thing the following morning they found us a double and helped us move rooms.

The reception staff were extremely attentive and friendly at all times - quiet refreshing after our last trip to Spain!!

Hope to re-use next time at the circuit.

Room Tip: Rooms at back quieter, but you do feel like you are going to end up in the kitchen... If taking a c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I would say that this hotel was the equivalent of a Sheraton or Hilton, nice, friendly, predictable, no surprises. The other reviews give details, and my one criticism is that the hotel bed squeeked! Not good for honeymooners, but I am sure it was just that one bed! Breakfast was copious and good value: one could order cooked eggs if wanted. The buffet had all the good things from yoghurts to fresh (and dried) fruits, toast (good white bread). The hotel restaurant was not in operation during our stay, and the nice bar was empty that weekend.
The hotel is completely handicap friendly (of course if in a wheelchair one would want to request a special accomodation for showers. We chose this hotel for it's 15 min. walk to the RR station that has frequent service into Barcelona. The RR track runs between the main street and the beach, so access to the beach is limited to spread out access tunnels (I didn't walk to the beach). There was a TA restaurant a block away and we also ate along the beach at MARINA restaurant which had excellent and inexpensive fresh fish dinners that were wonderful.
We parked in the garage, which had two gate systems: once we learned the drill it was quite easy. The fee was about 11 EU a day, worth it for the security, but I never felt that Mataro was unsafe in any way: it is a quiet town.
The hotel is one kilometer of the speed road into Barcelona (we ended up driving and parked underground at Playa Catalunya, no trouble at all.
Wobbly walkers: no cobblestone sidewalks, good ramps at the curb in the town. Easy access to hotel with portail covered parking area for unloading at reception. Little fridge in room. Showers large, glassed in with hand held adjustable shower heads. Nice amenities kit. I would recommend this hotel and esp. the helpful staff. Very good value.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms would be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mataro
Ibis Barcelona Mataro
#2 of 9 in Granollers
Hotel Kaktus Playa
Hotel Kaktus Playa
#3 of 43 in Calella

Been to URH Ciutat de Mataro? Share your experiences!