“poor”
Review of H.TOP Planamar

H.TOP Planamar
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Malgrat de Mar
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The location was pretty good. Access for mobility scooter was ok. Rooms where a little small for this. Plus heard complaints from people with a wheelchair ref size of rooms. Staff were great. They always had a smile for you and help when you needed it. The food left a lot to be desired. I know it is only 3 star but less than a mile away is a similar rated hotel with food to enjoy. Unfortunatly poor access for scooter there. The planamar gave good value for money. I will not visit again. Some people do go every year. I hope this helps you...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Travelled to Hotel Planamar at the beginning of June for 1 week. As previous reviews were mixed we were a little wary. The hotel is in a lovely setting with flowers, trees & plenty of tables & chairs & parasols. Plenty of sun loungers around the pool but sad to say we witnessed a lot of Brits putting towels down and then disappearing for the morning until lunchtime.
Beds are uncomfortable and walls are thin but this didn't put us off as the rooms are clean & towels changed every day. We went all inclusive & this was well worth the price paid as there was always food & drink available - sometimes a little repetitive. Entertainment is geared more towards the children. The use of the free bus to other HTOP hotels was a big bonus and as long as booked 24 hours before, lunch & full use of facilities are available. Don't book trip to Barcelona with free time & fountains but use the train (station walking distance) & book on hop on bus and see the sites (we unfortunately didn't do this) & lot of time wasted walking around City & waiting for fountains to begin (they are worth going to see though!!). All in all we felt that the holiday was good value for money.

Room Tip: Book a room higher up & at the front of the hotel for amazing sea views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bdcm
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed at the Planamar for a week with my sisters and had a good week although weather wasn't fab. Hotel on other hand was not bad at all, staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were small but clean, food was varied and hot. Liked the idea of being able to visit other H.Top hotels for drinks and if booked day before lunch, we took them up on this offer and have now booked for Pineda Palace for Oct and will take a walk along to Planamar :-). Yeah walls are thin but aren't all hotels these days. You get what you pay for and this hotel is great value for money, don't know why people are negative about it.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Glo-Glo-S
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Just returned from a 3 night night break away at this hotel. We booked all inclusive something that I have never done before, so didn't know what to really expect. Having visited Malgrat De Mar and Santa Susanna before we usually stop in another hotel but couldn't get in, so we booked this htop hotel thinking it would be of equal quality. But unfortunately was disappointed at this 3 star accommodation

On arrival we checked in to our room it was a very basic room with 4 single beds. All very clean. The bathroom was very clean with htop toiletries and the shower was very powerful and there was clean fresh towels everyday .

I purposely didn't take an hairdryer because on the hotel website in did say there was hairdryers in the room. I had to go to reception and ask for one then I was told I needed to pay 20 euros for Everytime I used it. Also you had to ask at reception for a remote for the TV. Even though there was no English channels to watch, it was ridiculous .

This hotel is very loud and noisy at night, we couldn't sleep at all, the walls are paper thin you could hear everything from both neighbours and up above. We could hear all sorts of things we didn't really want to hear. You could hear People talking walking up and down the corridor. Other guests have no respect walking back to their rooms late at night.

The food is very plain same food each night , pasta , different meats,chips , salad and not very warm. By the time you got back to your table it was really cold. Also no variety in puddings, there was always ice cream jelly and cakes.
The staff in the restaurant was always pleasant, in particular one waiter who spoke very good English and very helpful and kind.

You was given a card for Everytime you wanted a drink instead of the usual wrist bands .

I liked the idea of you using other h top hotels. A bus picked you up from the hotel and took you to another hotel, where you could have a meal and use their facilities. The only trouble is that you have to booked a day before.

In reality this hotel is only a base. You get what you pay for at the end of the day and we did not pay a great deal for this hotel so I shouldn't complaint. I couldn't have stopped longer than three nights. The entertainment looked good and there was always something for the children.

Overall I would not stop here again. I think I have been spoiled where I usually stay and was expecting the same 3 star quality. And I personally don't like all inclusive but that's me

I have tried to be honest in this review but it wasn't for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank catherine c
Reviewed June 3, 2014

not been long back from this hotel, had a brilliant time as always do here, met some lovely people, rooms clean and cleaners go in everyday, food good, entertainment they try there best lol, pool clean, what more can i say i love this place staff are all lovely yhey always make are holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gina R
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I was wondering if any previous guest here could me,it's our first time coming, where would be the best rooms to request?? And what's the local nightlife like for late drinking ?? My self and my husband are late 20s and have a long weekend away with out the kids any ideas advice tip please??

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hoildaylove
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Me and my two teenage kids just got back from a wonderful weeks holiday at the `Planamar Hotel. I cant believe people make such negative comments about this hotel, It seems some people are clearly expecting five star standards/treatment with a three star price tag,It is literally `cheap as chips` and the `Panama's chips` were great too. Which brings me nicely on to the food, lots of variety at each meal at least one vegetarian, one or two meat and one fish ,a risotto, a quiche salad bar,chips potatoes,vegatbles,potato salads, &salad bar ,soup ands rolls and snacks in between.
There was loads of it, I mean can you really want anymore than this. It seems to me that the only sad thing is that people actually do want more and more and even more, sometimes it made me feel ashamed to be British when you see how much food they pile on there plates and end up leaving it for waste, Me and my kids felt quite sorry for the Spanish having to throw all that food away(quite disgusting in these times of economic crisis!!
well the staff were amazingly cheerful even when some guests were just plain rude and bad manners they never stopped being impeccably polite, something I think you would really struggle to find in England these days to this extent, so I say fantastic service Manuel, Ismael, Ana, Omar & Xavi,to mention just a few of the impeccable staff, who nothing was to much trouble and services was definitely with a smile. Hotel impeccably clean,the rooms are basic but perfectly adequate for a hotel room, maids were really considerate would come and do your rooms later if you wanted a lye in.(perfect) for us with teenagers!
The pool was small and the` saving sunbeds thing was annoying` (Brits put towels across a number of the sunbeds first thing in the morning as usually go shopping and then come back for them at noon!! (what a cheek) luckily there is an amazing quite sandy beach straight across the road literally two mins so that was no problem at all, you could get a bed later in the day if you wanted.The entertainment each night was amazing flamenco was top class, Brazilian, incredible, all the lovely drinks you could drink, cocktails beers baileys, what more could you ask for, an all Inclusive holiday and all for less than what you would pay for a shopping trip to your local super market,incredible value for money, shops and lovely bars right next to the hotel, great bargains to be had.....go try it, you will love it, money well spent, we will definitely go back again

Room Tip: you can request sea view rooms or ones looking on the pool fab
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 830andrea
HTOPHotels, Director Comercial at H.TOP Planamar, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thanks for this review. Planamar crew is delighted knowing you had such a good stay ,we work very hard to provide the best service we can offer and when we get this reviews we know we are doing well. We will keep working very hard to improve even more in orther to satisfy everybody and we will be very happy to have you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malgrat de Mar
#5 of 19 in Malgrat de Mar
Aparthotel Iris
Aparthotel Iris
#12 of 19 in Malgrat de Mar

Been to H.TOP Planamar? Share your experiences!