Travelled to Hotel Planamar at the beginning of June for 1 week. As previous reviews were mixed we were a little wary. The hotel is in a lovely setting with flowers, trees & plenty of tables & chairs & parasols. Plenty of sun loungers around the pool but sad to say we witnessed a lot of Brits putting towels down and then disappearing for the morning until lunchtime.
Beds are uncomfortable and walls are thin but this didn't put us off as the rooms are clean & towels changed every day. We went all inclusive & this was well worth the price paid as there was always food & drink available - sometimes a little repetitive. Entertainment is geared more towards the children. The use of the free bus to other HTOP hotels was a big bonus and as long as booked 24 hours before, lunch & full use of facilities are available. Don't book trip to Barcelona with free time & fountains but use the train (station walking distance) & book on hop on bus and see the sites (we unfortunately didn't do this) & lot of time wasted walking around City & waiting for fountains to begin (they are worth going to see though!!). All in all we felt that the holiday was good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3-star H·TOP Planamar hotel is located on the maritime promenade in Malgrat de Mar between the areas of Calella and Blanes in Costa del Maresme-Barcelona. Posisioned just 25 metres from the beach, a selection of bars, shops and restaurants are just a short walk from the H•TOP Planamar. It is the ideal choice for young couples and groups looking for a centric hotel with a young, lively and friendly atmosphere and a good standard of accommodation. It is situated 71 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 29KM from Girona Airport. Malgrat de Mar is a quiet town, with traditions and a rich cultural life, with numerous green areas and 4.5 kilometers of beach. Historically, it was a fishing village, with miners and farmers. Malgrat de Mar is a great choice for families, couples or small groups looking for great hotel amenities, lively nightlife and clean&safe beaches. Just a few meters from the Hotel, you can find our Simpatia Restaurant. A new chic and modern restaurant where to eat burgers, cheese fingers, “tapas” and all kind of sweet deserts such as crepes, gofres or ice-creams. There is also Sand Beach Club which offers hammocks and parasols and special rates for clients with TOP All-Inclusive service. The 154-room H·TOP Planamar provides many facilities and services for adults and children. FACILITIES Rooms • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pool • Sun terraces Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Currency exchange* • Car hire* • Fax & copy service* • Medical service (external service)* • Air-conditioning • Safe boxes (in each room)* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage • Lift • *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Planamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Top Planamar
- Top Planamar Malgrat De Mar
- H.TOP Planamar Malgrat De Mar, Province Of Barcelona, Spain