“Amazing Experience!”
Review of Hotel Luna Club

Hotel Luna Club
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Malgrat de Mar
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was an amazing hotel, staff were friendly and cleaners came by everyday...it helped I knew a bit of Spanish which I could tell they appreciated. Very clean and the both indoor and outdoor pools were great. There was a pool table, table tennis and a kids room. I am already planning to come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Shyma_H

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Me and my husband and another couple in our early 40s just returned from a 4 night break all inclusive at the luna club.The rooms were lovely and were very clean and we had a lovely view over the pool area.When we arrived it was late afternoon and really quiet as most of the people must have been having a siesta.The food was ok there was always a good choice.The only problem we found was the hotel was full of spanish oap who were very rude and alot of the entertainment was aimed at the spanish and one evening it was a spanish artist singing in english and after all the oap had rearranged the furniture and nearly sat on our laps didnt care if you couldnt get out to go to bar or toilet.And as the artist sang in english they all walked out .All the staff were very helpful and polite.We found that malgrat was very quiet and some things werent open.we went to Barcelona one day by train from santa susanna station for £9 euros return well worth the trip.Would go back to this hotel again as long as it wasnt full of rude oap.As a bus full of teenagers came in on our third night and they were very well behaved put the oldies to shame.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 405 in the luna club which is the quieter of the two hotels with a pool view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank michelle w w
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My partner & I have just returned from a 5 night break at this hotel. We stayed in the 4 star section of this hotel. The rooms are basic but clean with no iron or kettle. Single beds are pushed together to make it Double. Upon arrival the hotel charges a small tax fee depending on how many nights you are staying. We found the staff very helpful in particular Isboel who always had time for us no matter how busy she was. The hotel is situated 15 mins walk from the train station. We took a train into Barcelona for 19 Euros. The trains run regular so you can have a good day out. Beach & shops are also near by. Meal times in the hotel were buffet style and there were always plenty to choose from. We enjoyed our stay here and we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013
8  Thank HylKaz
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked a weekend away at the Hotel Luna Club its split in to two we stayed in the 4 star side and it was lovely. We went All Inclusive and couldnt knock the food. Ok at peak times you have to wait a bit to be served but it was well worth the wait. The staff are very friendly and entertainment at night and service at the bar was second to none. We have been to alot of All Inclusive and have to say we thoroughly enjoyed the Hotel. Would highly recommend and recommend a trip up the coast to Tossa de mar. Cat rate this hotel enough go and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank banksy3473
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I found this resort online whilst searching for a relaxing couples retreat where we could enjoy a few days away from it all ( hopefully in the sun, although in October I wasn't holding my breath). We found the resort perfect for what we were looking for. For daytime activities, the shops are just around the corner, the beach is maybe five mins away, which i imagine is lovely on a sunny day! However, due to our lack of good weather we made the most of our evenings. The hotel has a lovely terraced area where you can relax on the comfortable seating, and the view of the pool area is beautiful by evening light. For cocktail lovers, try the Luna cocktail, gorgeous, I drank nothing else! The staff are very accommodating, we spent a lot of time in the bar area and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend the all inclusive option for those looking to enjoy the odd tipple, so to speak, we definitely got our money's worth!

Previous reviews mention the food being of questionable and/or limited choice, I would say it is typical of buffet style all inclusive resorts. As reasonable a variety and quality as can be expected when catering to so many guests on such a limited timeframe. If you are a fussy eater or cannot dine without waiter service, then go self service and pay for it on a nightly basis.

A few tips: we found the wi fi didn't work at all until the last day, when we realised you have to be no more than 10 ft from reception to get signal. Try the loungers opposite the reception area.

Also, I personally found the bed really hard. We spent three nights and frankly I don't think I could have slept anymore in that bed. However, again that's personal preference and did not take away from our holiday at all.

All in all, we had a lovely few days, and I cannot fault this hotel We attended in October due to work commitments etc, yet the overcast weather did not spoil our enjoyment. I imagine in summer season when the sun in shining this would be an amazing place to spend time. Would not hesitate to recommend or return.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify double room. We were given a twin, but pushed the beds together, no big deal.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Louise H
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My boyfriend & I have just got back from 7 days at Luna Club. Once it was booked, I was worried about the stay, especially bebcause of some bad reviews on here.
I really had nothing to worry about. Pulling up outside the hotel at 11.30pm at night, we couldn't see much, other than an impressive entrance. The hotel reception staff were very friendly, and despite there being a problem with them having my booking (Easyjet Holidays fault, not the hotels), they told me immediately not to panic, and there were rooms available.
They arranged this quickly & we were soon up in our room.
The room was a pleasant surprise, roomy with a very large double bed. The balcony overlooked the pool which looked beautiful all lit up at night.
The bathroom was spacious & my only complaint for rooom 1203 is that the toilet seat lid did not stay up & there was a crack in the seat which pinched our skin.
Other than that, the room was perfect.
(Oh, FYI - if you need to turn the bedside lights on & off, the switches are behind the pillows in the headboard! May sound obvious, but we looked for ages before we found them!)
Next morning we went for breakfast. This was very generous with a large selection. Hot & cold foods, fruit, chefs corner where he will cook you crepes, fried eggs, cheese & ham toasties etc.
The hot chocolate out of the machines is to die for. I loved it!
We were Half Board, so went for evening meal 3 times over the week. It was a bit hit & miss, the first night I was really disappointed & not looking forward to eating there again. However the next 2 times we went, it was really tasty with some lovely food. (Drinks are not included in this, we paid €2 for a coke etc to go with our evening meal). I think it would just depend on what your tastes are, and if you want traditional Spanish food, venture to one of the restaurants in the old town. (El Cortijo or El Bota - i will be writing reviews on these soon!)
The sunbeds at the pool were very comfy & they didn't charge us the €1 fee for the mattress for this whilst we were using them.
The beach nearby (10 minutes walk maximum) was lovely. Only €4 for the sunbed & parasols. The sea was very cold and a bit of a drop from shallow to very deep! Bit pebbly, but i prefer this to sand to be honest.
There is a couple of lovely supermarkets round the corner from the hotel & a tabacconist if you like your cheap cigarettes (€40 for 200!).
Loads of gift & souvenir shops along the 'strip'. My favourite was Maharama (or spelt similar anyway) and the woodwork & furniture was gorgeous. I wish i had have been driving so I could have taken some stuff home! We still packed as much of the little bits as we could though :-)
I would definitely be happy to go there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Emma D
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We went here with two friends to celebrate the boys 50th we had a great time from start to finish. We were made to feel welcome from the start frindley staff and always had a smile for us. The rooms were good also indoor jacuzzi and pool the food was good as well worth the money will go back again our friends Pete and Ange made the holiday as well great fun. If your looking for a good hotel and break at a good price this is the place.

Room Tip: choose a room with pool view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends