“Update on the Reymar Player”
Review of Reymar Playa

Reymar Playa
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Malgrat de Mar
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently returned from a week at the Reymar Player this will have been my 3rd visit, Firstly the staff are all the same from the previous years and that shows perhaps the Reymar Player is a good hotel to work for they are all friendly as ever and helpful especially Marianne who is English.
I was given the same room as previous years 603 (because I phoned and requested) this room faces the sea and is bright and sunny. Breakfast has always been a bit of a problem due to the fact that everyone seems to descend at the same time causing the restaurant to be full, the breakfast is not the best I have to admit but I always found hams and cheese etc and they definitely need a second hot drinks dispenser! Evening meals it seems people complain about chips! well 90% of Europeans love chips and they go with everything but there wasn't just chips they had potatoes of different styles every day! the hot selection was very varied pork steaks, pizza, pasta dishes ,beef casseroles, and a different soup every evening so to complain about the food is ridiculous also you have to remember they are catering for a varied selection of nationalities.I wonder how much people paid for there stay I actually paid £170 for a week half board!! I do know a hotel down in Marbella where all the moaners could go but you will pay that a day but you wont get chips you'll get french fries!!!! overall a very nice stay thank you Reymar Player .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went to Reymar playa for 4 nights glad it was no longer, choice of food having gone full board was luke warm food 3 times a day, same choice of spanish corn flakes or coco pops, salad, fairy cake, greasy bacon, sausage, stale breads, dinner and tea was on from 1pm to 9pm so breakfast food was changed to desert which was FRUIT, I like fruit but you can have too much when your choice of desert is fresh or out of a can oh and of course ice cream. The only time chips was not offered was breakfast!. My daughter did like chips but not any more.
The room was tiny for 2 adults and 1 child but just 2 room is small. 3 tiny bars of soap which allow you to have one shower with and if you have forgotten anything like shower gel or shampoo then shopping you must go and by the way take a hairdrier none supplied

1  Thank susan g
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is pleasant enough. It's clean, quiet and centrally located. The food was pretty average and every morning at breakfast people were made to wait outside the restaurant as it was so busy. Not enough choice of local cuisine, lots of chips, processed meat, pasta. I guess it''s difficult to cater for all the different nationalities but I would stick with Spanish food. You had to pay for drinks with dinner, which if you ask me is outrageous, whereas the breakfast drinks were included. I wouldn't bother with the orange juice which tasted like battery acid. The queues for the juice machine were ridiculous and some hotel guests had no idea about manners which made breakfast time very frustrating and stressful for me. Housekeeping, in my opinion, was not up to standard at all. My sheets didn't get changed once for the duration of my stay, there wasn't much cleaning involved, just general tidying, On top of that, our clothes pegs were mysteriously disappearing daily. Room facilities very basic, My bed was comfortable, whereas my friends bed gave her a lot of grief, creaking very loudly with her every movement, Air conditioning was rubbish, very old and the vent was located in the entry bit, which didn't do a good job of keeping us cool. The reception staff were exceptional, one lady in particular, who was extremely helpful.
The pool is very small and very shallow, I wouldn't recommend diving. Very difficult to get sun around the pool area due to tall buildings surrounding the hotel, so if you are of the "extreme tanning" persuasion, I would choose the beach, which is only across the road and costs 5 euros per sun lounger per day, Extra 5 euros for a parasol. The beach is nice, but once you get into the sea, there is a big dip and you are in deep waters nearly straight away so be careful.
The train station was about 20 minutes walk from the hotel, we took the train to Barcelona, which cost us 8 euros return.
Malgrat is not very exciting, in my opinion. A few bars and "discos" but nothing too spectacular. If you want to go out clubbing every night, I would recommend Lloret De Mar instead. Malgrat is good for quiet holidays.
I generally enjoyed my holiday and it was good value for money. I am writing this review because I could have done with a bit of a warning regarding the issues that niggled me throughout my stay at Reymar Playa.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just returned from a week in this hotel and have to say it was a nightmare. Room was filthy. Food, unimaginative with chips every day for lunch and dinner. Walked out most mornings as breakfast was inedible. No choice. Staff were friendly and mostly cheerful. When we complained about the choice of food and the fact that most of it was cold, we were told we should have spoken to them earlier. Even if we had, we know that most menus are set at the start of the season so complaining would not have changed anything. Visited this hotel 2010 and the decline is dramatic and we will not be returning. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank joanlowe
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went to the Reymar Playa for a week just after the Easter holidays this year. The resort was very quiet, and the hotel was on the whole pretty quiet. A coach trip of Dutch people arrived mid way through the trip which made things a little busier but it was nonetheless never too busy.

Our room was on the 5th floor and overlooked the sea and the swimming pool. The view was great - definitely recommend asking for a sea view. We booked through lowcostholidays.com and paid the extra £30 or so to have the slightly larger room. The economy rooms looked quite small and their views were not quite as nice.

We rented a car at the airport and drove to Malgrat. The hotel has parking - although if you are on your own it might be a bit tricky as you have to get a key for the parking from the hotel reception first to get in there, but at least its pretty secure.
The hotel pool was nice (we only used it one day as the weather wasn't quite warm enough), although some mornings the dutch guests had reserved their sun loungers quite early on......
There is wifi in the bar and lobby area of the hotel. You have to buy something in the bar to get the code. We bought a drink on the first night in the hotel bar, and the code didn't change all week which was handy as the bar wasn't the cheapest place to drink.

There was some entertainment put on on some of the evenings when the hotel was a bit busier. It was quite fun, but there were very few places to sit as there was a lot of people who got there really early to reserve seating, and there didn't seem to be enough to go round!!!

We were half board in the hotel. The breakfast was good - although queues at the juice and tea/coffee machines were a bit annoying. The dinner was excellent. There was loads to choose from and it was all of a good quality. Never felt hurried to eat and leave either. When it was busy they put two sides of the buffet on, which meant that there were never massive queues. At some times of day we noticed there were people waiting to get into the dining room but we never had a problem. The hotel staff were nice and friendly, the room was cleaned daily.

Right opposite the hotel there was a mini golf course which was quite fun to play, and reasonably cheap!! Also, ti is in walking distance of Malgrat and Santa Susanna and their respective railway stations which make it really convenient to get to Barcelona.

Overall, an excellent hotel for the price. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

travelled with low cost holidays everything went very smoothly from start to finish no delays. transfer from girona only 30 mins. hotel in great position, only 3 mins walk to the lovely shingle beach. the english lady on reception was lovely and polite and was very helpful with any information that i needed. i traveled with my 9 nine old son. The rooms were basic which i had read in the past before booking but very very very clean. It was nice to have air con aswell. To be honest i slept like a baby every nite, no noise and didnt really hear the neighbours next door either. It was 10 euros to have the remote control which was refundable,but there was only 2 english channels so i didnt think it was worth it. we didnt miss is either, the room was just a base for us. food was of a good standerd aswell. was only 4 euros each per meal if ate there all the stay and went full board thats good for the variety of food. i went b and b and paid the little extra. some pizzas in restaurants were 6 euros each

Room Tip: all rooms had a good view weather it was mountain or seaview. i asked for a quiet view and was on th...
2  Thank alfiemoon03
Reviewed August 8, 2012

we have just returned from a week at the Reymar playa.We were very concerned about staying at this hotel after reading some of the reviews but i have to say i dissagree with alot of the negative ones.the hotel itself is in a great location with plenty of shops and restuarants and ALL the staff were polite and friendly.We did not have to queue once through the whole week and we went full board,the meals were what you expect from a 3 star buffet resturant (we did not have any complaints about the food and i travelled with two fussy eaters).The rooms are basic but adequate for your needs as you dont expect to spend much time there they are cleaned daily and always fresh towels we stayed on the 7th floor and had sea and mountain views BEAUTIFUL !!!! we had entertainment every night all in English/Spanish and the drinks are a good price.Weather was amazing and the beach was clean i cannot fault this hotel as i got what i paid for and yes i would return to the Reymar Playa again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple