“Perfect ambience, lovely food”

Hotel Rural Binigaus Vell
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Migjorn Gran
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We have just enjoyed a wonderful meal at this beautiful rural hotel in the beautiful Menorcan countryside. We booked in advance as the hotel was full and it took us back to the peace and tranquility of Menorca many years ago, sitting outside listening to the crickets in good company and impeccable service.
The food was just what we wanted, no overfacing portions of the same old menus but cooked to order and really special. We had a homemade pate and glazed endives with perfectly cooked scallops with a tangy dressing, roast sucling pig and lamb for mains and delicious and beautifully presented desserts. I would say the experience easily rivalled our meal at Koldo Royo in Palma when it held a Michelin star and the price of approx 30 euros a head without wines etc value for money. My brandy would have been a double in England and was well priced.
I would definitely like to return and probably stay at this rural hotel. There are stunning walks nearby to the gorge and the Cueva d'en Colon known as the Cathedral

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dettorifan

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Beautiful, quiet hotel....some great views all around and incredibly helpful staff! we loved our stay there and it is only a 10min ride to one of the most beautiful beaches in Menorca. Def a great choice if you are ok with rooms who do not have a lot of privacy (double superiors and suites are almost little houses so you enter via a glass door that leads to a small terrace that leads on to a garden). We were a bit dubious at the beginning but our room was quiet and the little chairs outside great to read.

Room Tip: If you dont want to pay full price for junior suite, chose room 6 it is the same as the junior suite...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Europeancoupleabroad
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four nights at the end of May/ beginning of June and had a lovely time. It was our first visit to Menorca and we were surprised at how quiet and uncommercialised it was.
Although the hotel was fully booked you would never have known. We wanted a quiet place with a touch of luxury which is exactly what we got. We stayed in the main house in a standard room which was great and although overlooking the pool and main terrace was very quiet - even on lying in in the morning when others were having breakfast outside - excellent insulation and air con meant we slept like babies. Andres and Anna were so friendly and helpful without being overbearing, always happy to answer any questions.
The hotel is well placed for visiting the nearby beaches - we walked down to unspoilt Binigaus beach through the nearby gorge - a beautiful walk but take lots of water, especially for the trek back! This beach although unspoilt is a five minute walk along to the beach bars of Santo Tomas which is more tourist orientated but not overly so, at least not when we were there. We also drove to Turqueta beach which was not commercialised but busy ( perhaps should have avoided Sunday visit). One thing to bear in mind is the lack of shade on many of the beaches so remember to take a brolly!
The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious, with a self service buffet and helpful staff to hand if needed. Dinners were excellent value, so much so that we ate here every night (€30for three courses). It was lovely to come back from a day out exploring to sit on the terrace or by the pool with a drink (from the honesty bar) or a bottle of wine watching the sun go down before strolling over to the terrace for dinner.
We would go back tomorrow if we could.

Room Tip: Standard room was fine, there are suites available for small family groups.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WelshSian
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed for four nights in May 2012 in this very comfortable, rural hotel. Excellently appointed, full of character and charm. The staff were extremely helpful and a big thank-you to both Andres and to Anna who had many helpful suggestions about the local area. Very quiet (which is what I wanted), I stayed in the main house in a ground floor room which had a small outside area to enjoy the morning sun. Slightly disappointed that there was no bathrobe or towelling slippers. As a 4-star property, I would have expected this - as well as a box of tissues in the bathroom. But this is probably a little picky as I did very much enjoy my stay. Excellent food - superb breakfast buffet and very good dinners. Sitting by the lovely pool was a real pleasure and oh, so beautifully quiet except for the utterly charming bird song. I did visit the stud farm to photograph the horses but, despite making an arrangement of the day & time to arrive, there was no-one there to greet me for at least half an hour and I was beginning to think I was trespassing. The area is just stunningly beautiful and the village of Migjorn Gran is charming. I can recommend walking along one of the Cami des Cavills walks to find unspoilt coast and countryside.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kennedy-t
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Thank you thank you thank you to the wonderful staff at Binigaus Vell. Anna - what can I say...what a fanatastic week you gave me with your amazing team. I loved my room - I relaxed and had fun and sooooo enjoyed your very kind and thoughful hospitality! Thank you to the patient kitchen for the veggie menu! Thank you to Marti and his stallion for showing us the 'Bot' (not sure of the spelling!) and your dressage moves - the stud is amazing! Do go and visit - I'm heading back for my holiday next year!

Room Tip: I would be happy to stay in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank FenellaB776
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Rural Buinigaus Vell for our honeymoon for 6 nights. The hotel, grounds, and views were fantastic. The room was clean and modern and perfect for our stay. We loved having the small private terrace to enjoy a happy hour before dinner. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay in Menorca. We cannot say enough good things about Anna, who always had a smile and a recommendation. Also, we found the location, outside of Migjorn Gran, to be very convient. It is pretty much in the middle of the island (on the southern side) and is easy to get anywhere you need to go. My husband and I would go back in a second and definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amymay21
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This review is long overdue...

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in September 2010 as part of our honeymoon and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. From the moment we arrived, we felt very welcomed and the staff made themselves available to assist with local knowledge and advice.

We stayed in the separate building off the main house and had a nice patio to sit out on and enjoy wine and the great local cheese. The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. As one reviewer put it, they have managed to keep the charm of the farmhouse while updated the amenities.

We dined at the very good restaurant two nights, and ventured into Mijorn Gran fro dinner the other two nights. The hotel restaurant was excellent and very reasonable. Breakfast was also very good, with eggs made to order and a generous offering of fruit, cheese, meat, and bread.

I think one of the best parts of this property is the location on the island. You are centrally located, halfway between the two main port cities, short drive to the north, close to a great, albeit sleepy, town in Mijorn Gran, and within walking (moderate hike) distance to one of the most beautiful virgin beaches on the island.

We hope to return to Menorca in the future, almost as much for this hotel as for the wonderful culture and food on the island. You will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Santo Tomas
Sol Beach House Menorca
Sol Beach House Menorca
#2 of 5 in Santo Tomas

Been to Hotel Rural Binigaus Vell? Share your experiences!