All reviews booked a double room wonderful stay booked this hotel olive press huge bed three nights per night palma airport pool area air con alaro wedding mallorcan receptionist hairdryer
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Fantastic,- lovely room with good bathroom, excellent restaurant, Beautiful location. You need a car as its about 4km from the village, out in the country. A good base for getting aound. Nice pool with enough loungers and pool towels provided.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mimmi444
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had three three nights and four days here, could have stayed a lifetime.
The food was beautifully prepared, presented and cooked,gourmet food at a reasonable price.
The breakfast was so extensive we were spoilt for choice.
Our room (13) not unlucky for us featured a bed that we almost needed a step ladder to climb up to the mattress.
An evening aperitif on the terrace prior to our meal was served by attentive staff, who could not do enough for us.
This quiet peaceful beautiful location midway twixt two mountains suited us perfectly for a chill out location magnificent!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We've just come back from a wonderful week at the S'Olivaret. The location is beautiful, the hotel is comfortable, full of charm and the food is first class but what makes the S'Olivaret truly special is the service provided by all the staff. I have not rated the spa and fitness trail as the weather was hot and I did not use them. It is difficult to rate the location as everyone has different requirements. The setting is beautiful and easily reached from the airport but a car is essential.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel 2 days prior to arriving as the place we were staying previously wasn't particularly restful. We arrived early on in the morning and they had a room available immediately. The room was fine, albeit a bit dark. I had seen reviews saying ask for a room at the front with a view, we eventually heeded these comments and asked if they had a spare room at the front. They didn't but the rejigged things to accommodate our request. The room we ended up with was a huge improvement, massive room, double shower, gigantic bed, lovely antiques and a wonderful view.

The hotel is coated in art and antiques. It feels so homely, I wish my home felt the same. The outer areas are stunning, the mountains stare down dominantly. The views are incredible. The infinity pool looks out over the forest and mountain, you could be in Yosemite or British Columbia (not been to either!!!). Basically it is gorgeous. It would be bliss but for the annoying French and German children that have been let loose.

As for the service, the restaurant staff were amazing. Really knowledgeable and helpful. The food was excellent, albeit a bit left field at times. The set menu is unfathomably large, I am a big eater and I struggled. I am by no means attacking the kitchen, but the courses are too big, I had to cancel my main course as i was too full, not like me. The food was excellent value and I loved the wine. Te waiter picked the wine both times and it was excellent.

A few suggestions for the hotel, 1) on arrival it would have been nice to have a tour or at least a run down of the facilities and where things are. It only takes 5 mins to show someone around. 2) before dinner it is nice to have a drink. Problem is there is no one manning the bar. You have to ask the receptionist to make it or grab someone from the restaurant - not ideal. I saw a few people sit down for a drink and walk off due to no one serving.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Have just returned from a 5 day stay at the Olivaret and it so exceeded my expectations.

The staff are so friendly and immediatly make you feel welcome when you arrive.

The rooms are large and spacious and have everything that you could want. Being picky they could do with a full length mirror and tea/coffee making facilities but that is really being picky. All rooms are tastefully decorated with objects/ pictures which make you feel you are in someones home rather than a hotel.

The grounds/location were beautiful - such a peaceful spot. The hotel is set between 2 mountains and the nearest town would be quite a walk so car hire is essential here.

The pool area is very relaxing and you could easily spend your whole day in this perfect spot.

We only ate breakfast as we were always out and about but the terrace where you sit in the morning is shaded with huge parasols looking out over the valley. There was a good selection of food on offer - couldn't have asked for anything more.

Would definitely stay again, next time for longer though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple