There is no doubt that this is a fabulous hotel in a great location. Mostly they have it absolutely right - it has a great feeling of luxury but we felt let down on several occasions by the lack of attention to detail. Firstly we asked for a twin room and when we arrived the beds were set up as a double - we were immediately offered an alternative room which was much appreciated as it was located in the middle block, away from the noise of the beach bar as described in an earlier review.
There was a well stocked mini bar in the room but no kettle - it wasn't really a problem, we weren't surprised and planned to order tea from room service. That was until we realised that a cup of tea would have cost €3.80 plus €7 service charge which we thought was ridiculous and refused to pay it. As we were staying on a B&B basis we asked how much a buffet dinner would cost and were quoted €52pp. Even though we knew it would have been good we thought it was extortionate for a buffet meal without wine. I don't think we were the only people checking out the fantastic restaurants and bars in the area offering great food at very reasonable prices.
The breakfasts were amazing and the waiting staff were polite but on the whole we were largely ignored by the hotel staff although, I have to say, any questions or requests we had were dealt with swiftly and politely. On several occasions, whilst waiting at reception were astonished to hear how many people were being offered free upgrades without any thought of how that might be making us feel.
We never saw our holiday rep. and the mix up with our private taxi transfer was annoying and embarrassing. We were bulldozed into getting into a taxi on the way there that clearly was not intended for us, on the way back we were transported in an 18 seater mini bus as the sole occupants. It was madness.
There were no little extras offered apart from four pieces of fruit on a skewer served by the pool which was very nice!
We loved the hotel and had a very nice stay but we would have enjoyed it more had we felt a little cosseted and had the there have been tea making facilities, face cloths, a rack in the shower to put things on, more comfortable sun loungers and maybe a few little feel good freebies thrown in. Sadly we won't be returning as we know we can do much better elsewhere for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa enjoys a privileged setting in Ibiza’s most prestigious touristic area. Ideal getaway for those who are looking for peace and quiet. Luxury cuisine at the Fenicia Buffet Restaurant and 3 à la carte restaurants: Gourmet Restaurant La Vinoteca, Monsoon Oriental Restaurant, Tanit Bistro & Bar. Exclusive bars and lounges: Tanit Pool Bar and Ibosim Bistro & Bar. Magnificient outdoor pool with a dynamic area. Fabulous 1200m² Prestige Spa. Fitness centre +16.Conference rooms. Spacious terraces and lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Thalasso Hotel
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa Ibiza/Santa Eulalia Del Rio