This is your typical large 5 star hotel that wows you with all the amenities however lacks the personal touch you get from a boutique hotel. At a cost of Euro 300+ a night we expected a little bit more / or a few extras thrown in (maybe free water in the room, use of the gym, use of parts of the spa, wireless internet) However the hotel seemed to charge you extra for everything you wanted to use or do, except the outside pool.
It also always amazes me how 5 star hotels can get some very simply things wrong like letting their maintenance team use a pressurised motor (that shook you to your bones) to water the plants directly outside the guest bedroom windows pre 8am....especially disappointing when it continued for a further 20 minutes, after we first called reception. Not the fault of the Fenicia but there was also a constant unpleasant sulphurous smell in and around the hotel that we think was due to the natural sea inlet at the back of the hotel.
To be fair to the Fenicia they were kind enough to give us an upgrade to a larger room as we were on the last 3 nights of our honeymoon....however I do wonder what we should have got for our Euro 300 a night?? The best feature was the buffet breakfast............an amazing selection to meet all tastes. This quality / value was not replicated in the pool restaurant.
Next year we will stay with one of the more boutique hotels and will leave this hotel and other large chain hotels for business only in future...................we can always pop back to use the 5 star amenities and pay like the rest of the hotel guests!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa enjoys a privileged setting in Ibiza’s most prestigious touristic area. Ideal getaway for those who are looking for peace and quiet. Luxury cuisine at the Fenicia Buffet Restaurant and 3 à la carte restaurants: Gourmet Restaurant La Vinoteca, Monsoon Oriental Restaurant, Tanit Bistro & Bar. Exclusive bars and lounges: Tanit Pool Bar and Ibosim Bistro & Bar. Magnificient outdoor pool with a dynamic area. Fabulous 1200m² Prestige Spa. Fitness centre +16.Conference rooms. Spacious terraces and lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Thalasso Hotel
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa Ibiza/Santa Eulalia Del Rio