“Atzaro, I really want to love you!”
Review of Agroturismo Atzaro

and 1 more site!
Agroturismo Atzaro
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Atzaro came as a lucky escape and very last minute for myself and 2 friends for a chilled, but luxurious holiday in late August, 2011.

It is undeniably one of the most unique and stylish hotels I'd ever seen and every detail so refined with exquisite taste. I am not rating it as excellent because the staff does not match the atmosphere. I realize it's Spain, and being American, we do have higher standards, however, the management are doing a severe disservice to this stunning hotel if they don't sort it out soon.

We needed a spare bed in a double superior suit and it was like sleeping on wooden plank, and although we were paying an additional 80EUR for a third person, we asked several times for an improvement to the bed and after the 3rd night, (out of 5) management claimed to change the mattress, but it was no different. we were paying about 575EUR a night for one of us to feel as though they were sleeping on a hard floor.

My other issue was due to the fact that so many people were visiting Atzaro for the day or coming for dinner, yet guests were not treated any differently than a day visitor. It would become a bit busy at either pool with friends of employees and left us having to fend for ourselves for lounge chairs or "beds".

On day 6, I finally met THE Manager and I said it's nice to finally meet you and we really like it here. His response was, "We hate Atzaro throughout the summer", which was rather shocking. I love Spain and appreciate the cultural differences, but there was so much tension between other guests and the staff that it made it quite uncomfortable.

It is very special and rather beautiful, but they need a entire lesson in staffing and hospitality, but then again, they could probably survive on weddings, events and the spa, so perhaps this is why they are so cavalier toward actual hotel guests?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Valentina G

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I went with my wife to get married in Ibiza and stay at what looked to be a perfect choice atzaro.! After viewing the luxury hotel with it's many pools and chill out areas it was certain to be a great choice. They just forgot to tell us one maybe slightly important thing, at the same time a tv team and band plus singers and giant sound production team from Holland's got talent.(which by the way it hasn't trust me we listened to the horrible noise for 4 days and 4 nights.) would be sharing our honeymoon hotel.well when I say sharing I actually mean a complete take over to the point my wife and I were not able to use the main pool the chill out areas or any of the bars or sushi bar at night. Although we could have used it in the day , we decided it's not much of a chill out when having 5,000 watts of crap noise pumped through your ears.every night we tried to use the chill out area or bar just to have a night cap, we were rudely asked if we were staying in the hotel ( em yes only the most expensive room in the hotel paying a lovely 565euros per noisy and unrelaxing night)we were told every night that the areas were closed due to VIP events. If we had been told this prior to us booking and organizing our wedding that this giant and disruptive event would be taking place, we never would have stayed at atzaro.atzaro is not a hotel that cares about the customer or their views it's more of a venue than a hotel.! We made a complaint and were told something would be done once again Atzaro failed us . We paid full price for a very disruptive 4 nites spent in our room because we weren't aloud anywhere else. Sorry this is VIP area is what will stick in my head when I think of atzaro. I won't tell you about the food because all we had was sweaty Parma ham and over cooked horrible scrambled egg for our 5* hotel the breakfast could have been alot better, again this is probably due to the fact they had VIP to deal with not enough time or care for us average paying customers. 1 good thing and only one, the cleaners were great .thanks hope to never return . Rip off.

• Stayed: September 2011
19  Thank Oleiradal
Reviewed September 20, 2011

It was late March. We got a room, but could change (after the incredible party organized for everybody on the island !!!... and a bottle of champagne and delicious fruits on our table...), the next day to another room , a bigger one , for the same price. What a kind gesture!
The room was breath taking. The staff would bring us wood to make our own fire. Delicious shampoo 's and bath foams every day; home made bread and cheese and eggs with salmon and would you like something else ? breakfast served even in the afternoon.... A wonderful receptionist, a waiter with a memory, spotless cleaners, staff always there at help, and funny too, an impressive spa (for free for locals, that month (!!)... What a kind gesture!!)
We slept and ate and walked and picked oranges and felt... so happy! Atzaro is an extraordinary beautiful place, made by beautiful souls, it's a place that you would like to own and share with all the beautiful souls you know, as if it were your home.
Spend a day there, and feel...happy all day.

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist, to show you rooms and choose one that you like the best, as each room has it...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mika689564
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Atzaro is listed ad an agriturism but is instead a very cool elegant place rich of surprise.
From the Balinese atmosfere of the common areas to the luxury of the private room is a truly unique experience.
It is away from the crowd of Ibiza town and has almost every night its own entretaiment .
The restaurant is very good. Usually meet interesting people spending the night there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Overall a great break - we go to Ibiza a lot and this was the 1st time out of season and away from the main tourist areas - right next to 4 of the best restaurants on the island. The service, rooms, decor, ambiance, breakfast, the lot were spot on. I dont know what it was missing - still cant put my finger on it. Think I had dodgy meal on day 4. Still big recommendation! Go there!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We went to Atzaro for a birthday lunch, the lady at reception was very helpful, but that's were the service ended. The other staff were condescending and patronizing, the waiter asked if our starters were what we were expecting. When I asked about one of the main courses, he did not describe it at all, just it would be a good choose, when it arrived, it had apricots and cherries with it, which I don't like and would not have chosen if he had told me. We had to ask three times for some water and twice for coffees. The starters and desserts were ok, but the main courses lacked imagination. We got the impression you had to have more money than sense to stay there. There are much better places to go in Ibiza. we will not being going to Atzaro again and recommend you don't either.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Bridget008
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We arrived under cover of darkness, by helicopter, waded through the swamp, snuck under the trip wire, and creeped past the guards, was how it felt getting to the restaurant itself, a nicely planted landscape ruined by the most inept and in-harmoniuos signage I've seen in a while, Atzaro may have an holistic approach to hospitality but it clearly doesn't apply on matters of branding. Anyway having snook passed the kitchen, we somehow arrived at an area that looked like the restaurant which was 'En plein air' and was largely pleasing. We were met by our first robot, a pretty lass with one of those receptionists ear to mouthpiece communication implements, I didn't know if she was talking into it or talking to me.

The friendly robot passed me to her second in command robot and we marched to our nice table set in lovely surroundings, white table cloths and crisp clean glasses all set for lift off. It's a big operation at the Atzaro, mulit-functional darling, mediocre art gallery to one side, and live music space to another which provides lively background music for the restaurant. The renowned Paco Fernandez, THE Paco Fernandez was playing live, a mixture of spanish guitar and strange whining electronic blurts, he played very fast, much to the delight of the Michael Bolton lookalike next to me, Bravo more cheese please!

Food is a winner here though, the menu is eclectic which is modern european punctuated with Asian inspired goodies. Wok fried rice with sweet vegetables to start, superb, simple but expertly executed and my partners Butternut Squash Ravioli's equally skilled and beautifully presented in modern tableware.
Main course of Grouper in a Red curry soup was so good, so wicked, i could of poured it over my head and swam in it, fresh, expertly refined and better than the muck we had down the road at Bambuddah Grove, proper chefs at work here ladies and gentlemen, as they do offer Sushi (who doesn't hey?) I guess the asian food is created by the asian chefs and the rest goes to the others judging by the accuracy and insightful arrangements of our dinner. Finally, we sipped away at a spanish red wine at 38 euros and was finally repleat. The bill was around 120 euros for 2 courses each including the wine, good value for rip-off Ibiza.

We had a quick look around the venue, although it was nightime, it seemed a very pretty place with lovely plants, trees and lanterns surrounding us. The friendly and professional receptionist ordered us a taxi and we left watching a couple helping each other back to their room having succombed to the lure of the devils love pop.

Overall, the best food we have had on the island, set in lovely surroundings with a multi-functional entertainment programme. May I suggest recycling the signeage and give me a call if you're stuck for some advice. Night night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Hotel Lux Isla
Hotel Lux Isla
#2 of 10 in Talamanca

Been to Agroturismo Atzaro? Share your experiences!