“small family hotel”

Apartamentos Casa Luis
“small family hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

this is a family hotel run by Mr Luis. It´s 800ms north of sta Eulalia and 500m from the small near beach. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 single bed + a sofa for 2. the furniture is quiet old and the beds are not very comftable. the kitchen is well equiped and you can easily cook here.We ca hear everything from the other apartments. the hotel as a small supermarket with fresh bread and croissants from 9am but there is a big supermarket 10 min walking. the hotel has 3 blocks of apartments and if you want some silence in the night you cant stay in the main one. there is a entretaining coupleduring all day and every night at 22,30 there is some kind of show in the main pool or in the disco.the restaurant is cheap and the food is good. there are two swimingpools but quite small.The waitress are very nice. if you want to go to the beach you can walt to st eulalia or to a small beach near the hotel. the are buses in the main road. In the front desk you can have all the information. They are very nice. We rented a car in the airport and went to see the beautiful beaches in the island. Dont miss the hippy markets. Sta Eulalia at night is very nice .

Room Tip: the higher apartments are the better
1 Thank Mariarloucao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
B Right On
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

When we arrived, we actually were surprised for what we got for the price we paid. A nice 1 bed apartment with bathroom. Kitchen all essentials were there. Very comfortable.
TV had Channel 4 and BBC I believe.
We stayed on the ground floor on the right side (front the road) in front of the pool. It was nice to have access to the pool.
The entertainment wasn't that nice to be honest but I did see many people enjoyed themselves to it, maybe it wasn't something I was really looking for while staying here.
The food at the restaurant its definitely good. The chicken with mushroom was eaten by me twice! Lovely!!
I mostly enjoyed though that we could just cook our own meals. There is a supermarket on the next road from the main Es Canar road. It's literally like 10 minutes walk from the hotel (the big one) or few meters away, Casa Luis supermarket which is more like a convenience store.
The service was really really good, they speak English perfectly which is great for those not familiar with Spanish or Ibicenco.
We rented a motorbike and they arranged everything for us. It was really good priced as well and they delivered the bike and pick-up the bike at the end from the hotel so it was perfect.
Santa Eulalia for me is the best place to stay in Ibiza. Lovely laid back atmosphere, away from San Antonio and crazy crowds but it can also offer you good shopping at the town centre or at the lovely markets that happen every week.
It's also close to lovely beaches and calas that you can access via renting a car or motorbike which I highly recommend so you can really feel Ibiza.
I would definitely come back and recommend to everyone Casa Luis.

Two things I have to point out though:
1) If you are looking to come back early and have a nice sleep and wake up early, don't stay on the ground floor because it's right above the discotheque and you can hear everything. It doesn't stop until 1am sometimes so it was quite frustrating...
2) Kids.... I don't want to get into a rant about personal ways to raise your child and such but there were some really annoying kids by the pool that will scream and really annoyed others that were reading by the pool by their extremely loud way of communicating with their parents and siblings. It was quite annoying, you couldn't really be outside not even at balcony. But this is us, a young couple that were taking a holiday from work so if you are traveling as a family, this is a great place to stay, definitely.
The kids thing is nothing to do with the hotel, it's clearly the guests!
I have to say though that when you go to a hotel with a family and your kid starts to scream and shout, please let him/her know he/she is not at home and to behave accordingly. Please be considerate!

For the young couples, I recommend to stay at the left side or at 1st floor and above.

I have to give great kuddos to the ladies that clean. The apartment was ultra clean!!!! I was so happy about that and they were always so nice! Pool was clean constantly and everything is always well kept!

Thank you very much again for the stay and we hope to see you before May or next September!

Room Tip: As a mentioned before, those going as a quite holiday then stay 1st floor and up or at the other sid...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andreayala
WICKLOW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just returned from casa Louis with my husband and sixteen year old.Can not fault this hotel from the entertainment at the pool day and night to the club down stairs we had a great time .A15 min walk into the town the marine is only lovely nice places to eat we liked the mirage and restaurant street we met some lovely people there and on the plus side it was very quite because it was end of season loved everything about it as did our son

Room Tip: get a room across the road from the recpition
2 Thank ASHLEYOO9
Larne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having just returned from another fantastic time in Casa Luis with my family, ranging in age from 61 to 16 weeks , I would just like to show my appreciation to Luis and his family for making it easy for me to have a holiday every year for the past 16 years without any moaning from anyone , apart from when we are coming home .
My 4 children have grown up here and are now taking their children here , the reason ? Simple the family atmosphere , the location , the entertainment team , the entertainment programme , the staff over the years who are very special to us from Tony and Pepe a few years ago to Julie and young Rosislav more recently , not forgetting Marga who is ever helpful .
This would not be possible without the dream and vision of the Guasch family who make the holiday , taking time to talk to guests giving tips advice about Ibiza and St Eulalia , and constantly striving to enhance the experience every year.
Casa Luis is a family experience which when you go you become part of a bigger family , the family Casa Luis.
Next year is the 40th anniversary of Casa Luis and I hope to celebrate it with my family again young and old.

1 Thank Stephen W
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Having just returned from our first trip to Casa Luis I have to say we all had a great time. I had requested a high floor, quiet room over looking the pool beforehand, and this was exactly what we got. Our one bedroom apartment was spacious with plenty of storage for a family of four. Small kitchenette with microwave, toaster good size fridge with a small freezer. The whole place is clean and run exceptionally well. Rooms cleaned and bins emptied every other day. All staff were friendly and Versace and Racquel who were the animation team were full of energy and smiles, and our girls had plenty of fun taking part in the activities. Omg, shakey shakey...... Señor Luis was often seen around smiling and waving to his guests making sure all was ok and everyone was happy.
Sunbeds were an issue though.. It seems people reserved sunbeds in the middle of the night ... !because by 7.30am they all had towels on... but not actually used until after 12pm..
It was a 10/15 minute walk to the marina and restaurant street and we didn't find this a problem even with a 10 and a 6 year old. Plenty of choices to eat and prices very reasonable, between 35 -45 euros for a family of four including drinks. We ate in Cafe Sidney, Royalty for yummy tapas, Mirage and Kathmandu to name a few. But you must eat at Es Farallo on the corner, they make the most yummy sangria and paella.
Hippy market Wednesday at Es Cana and Ibiza old town are worth a visit also. Niu Blau beach is closer than Santa Eulalia beach and a lot quieter.
We met some lovely people and our girls some great friends. Would definitely return if we were to visit Ibiza again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the reception block are quieter
1 Thank AGManchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Casa Luis for years since I was 11!
I met my wife here when I was 19 and came back after we got married in September 2011!
I have just finished my most recent holiday here and as usual everything was the way it's always been except this time we had our daughter with us!
Casa Luis is perfect for families and the entertainers and bar staff are excellent!
The rooms are basic but perfect for what you need the pools are a good size and the entertainment programe is perfect for both kids and adults!
The food is perfect for snacks and a 15 min walk to town and you have the choice of restaurants on the promenade or the place I like restaurant street where you have countless choices of different cuisines.
It is a perfect holiday and this is my 16th year staying here as it is many other people! As soon as we arrive every time we are treated by a warm welcome from Luis and his family and the staff we have got to know,I couldn't rate this place highly enough!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank William W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Just back from our third holiday at Casa Luis.Had a great time as usual.Staff were very friendly as usual.Entertainment was great thanks to Versacce and Raquels efforts.Food and drink were great value for money.Wifi in rooms for free was a great bonus especially with a fifteen year old in tow.Great to see Luis running around making sure everybody was having a great time and asking was there anything he could do or help with.Special word of mention to Rossi who came out with some great one-liners which my father in law loved.Will be back next year

• Stayed August 2013