“Very welcome break”

Invisa Hotel Club Cala Blanca
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a great two weeks at this hotel (we did go and eat and drink at the Cala Verde a few times).
Adult only pool is a great idea (bar was not open though, but this was no issue as there is another bar just a short walk from pool).
Food and drink great value, lots of choice and all fresh. Top tip - get your table first before queuing to get food.
Safety deposit box €12
Pool towels €20
Hotel staff are so hard working and very welcoming, Pierre in the restaurant is a star!
Had a lovely time, intend to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate205

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have just returned from a family holiday in this wonderful hotel. The food, staff, grounds are all exceptional. The entertainment for day time activities and evening is really good and hats off to the team who gave us many laughs during our holiday, they arent too pushy either so if you dont want to join in they are very understanding.

The only downside to this resort is that it doesnt say how steep and how many steps there actually are which was a struggle for my parents, although we managed fine. The hotel is split into around 10 blocks around a large complex. Although the stroll back and forth to the dining room is only around 5 mins away.

We had an amazing holiday here and would definitely return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room nearer the dining facilities.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We booked to stay at Ibiza Hotel Cala Verde hotel but sadly 2 weeks before we were due to fly out, the hotel informed us Cala Verde was not open until after we were due to leave and were moved to the lower standard Cala Blanca hotel. This was because the overall complex had not taken enough bookings and they consolidated guests into the one hotel. We were happy with the overall holiday and had a good time but was disappointed with Cala Blanca hotel. Travel agents rate Cala Blanca 4 stars but it does match its 3 star rating. The children's mini disco team on the evening were superb and the restaurant service excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DBA44
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a property in the middle of nowhere! Very isolated.
I travelled with my husband, two children and my in laws. We have all travelled to different hotels all over the world and have never needed to complain before. The food was outstanding. The cleanliness of bars, restaurants and outside areas very good. The animation team were fantastic!
BUT... we were dropped off at Cala Verde and told we had to go to Cala Blanca. We finally got checked in to our room which can only be described as dismal. A family of four in a very small, dingy room, lit by one low energy bulb and four single beds jammed together! It was a very dark room. To use the mirror you would have to stand on one of the beds. We had one half of a cupboard and no floor space for our four medium sized cases, which ended up piled on top of one another! When we asked to move rooms, we had to return to reception the next morning as they were full. We did this and were finally moved after three visits to reception on our second day. This room was better but was still far from the standard OR the collossal price we paid for this holiday.
First Choice - do not book with this company! This was the most expensive holiday we have ever had (considering that this was advertised as a 'premier' hotel) but there was no rep, the information book, when we finally found it , days later, had two pages of info in it. We spoke to a family who had paid less than half of what we paid and they had fantastic, spacious rooms! When we were waiting for our bus for our return journey, we discovered the superior rooms, which we felt we should have been allocated, considering the several thousands we paid for this holiday. We got a very raw deal from First Choice. Even though I complained on return, All I got from First Choice was a letter, not even an apology! First Choice? Last choice, never again!!

Room Tip: No tips, as it seems the rooms are allocated by the hotel, who have no idea what you have paid for t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KazAberdeen
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Got off on the wrong foot. After 12hour travel we had to wait 3 hours before we got our keys.
We were advised to wait and not opt for another room due to our superior room reservation. IT PAYED OFF ! We got a newly renovated room with huge balcony right next to the adults-only area. We forgot about this bad start in no time.
The resort is rather big with 4 different pool areas. The restaurant was quite a walk and rather average. Upon request you could make a reservation for the nearby cala verde restaurant where the food was a bit more sophisticated but choice a bit more limited. We decided to go for dinner to cala verde each evening due to better kid chairs.
The pirat boat swimming pool area was very nice for kids, the beach was clean and only few stairs away.
The adult only area was great for relaxing.
Dont be mistaken, this is not Ibiza city, no party and lots of families with kids.
Therefore i would not recommend it for young couples unless you are searching for relax instead of party.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank J W
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Positive- Great service, rooms were lovely, nice and clean. The food was excellent. The pools were lovely and warm and there was a place called Pirate Island.This being one of 2 hotels you could stay in, you could check out Cala Verde.

Negative-The food was a little bit repetitive. If your kids love playing on beach lilo's, then the only place is the sea, which was rough during August due to strong winds. The lifeguard said that you could "bring them in when it's not busy", but that never happened.

Overall, a great holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Invisa Club Hotel Cal Blanca was a hotel we stopped in just for just 24 hours. Not a long while you might say to form a true impression. You are correct of course, however it gave my wife and myself experiences that we would not like repeated in any way

We were actually staying at the Invisa Hotel Ereso in Es Canar and there was a promotional offer on for a short period offering you the chance to go to another of their Hotels. The choice was one in 1. San Antonio or 2.Playa Des Figueral – as the beach looked so stunning we decided on Figuerals. The offer was free taxi there and back and a full day and night at the hotel.

Maria at our hotel ( I believe she is one of the managers) arranged everything for us she is such a nice person and so friendly.

We arrived at the Club Hotel Cala Blanca late morning. We realised straight away that we were probably in the minority being English but that did not really bother us. What did was all the messing around at reception not all their fault they were incredibly busy and the phone never stopped ringing. After about 90mins we were given an electronic door keycard for a superior room in the main hotel block.

The room was probably the best room we have ever stopped in at any hotel anywhere except for the sink in the bathroom would not hold the water as the pushdown fancy plug was faulty and surprisingly no bidet.
But eh! the decoration was clean fresh and modern, lovely beds and seating
sophisticated a/c. Beautiful large sliding wardrobes, flat screen tv, huge balcony plus much more – a really pleasant room.

We went in for lunch which really was a long way from the main hotel along through really nice gardens in the direction of the sea. We were greeted at the restaurant door by a pleasant waiter host who of course wondered why we we not on his list and wearing two different colour all inclusive bands.
This was sorted out quite quickly and we went into lunch which did not look very good. There were a few items in heated silver trays I can't tell you what they were except they were not appealing and round the corner there was some cheap looking burgers and few other items to add to your burger plus chips etc.
The salad bar was quite decent with a large pile of mixed leaves and quite nice cheese and ham and rolls etc also large baskets of fruit.
On trying the fruit I found it not nice and past its best, much of it was bruised badly and did not taste good.
Anyhow was not that impressed considering how nice the rooms and garden were the restaurant did not match up to them. We thought the evening meal would be better but this was not to be. The hot plates had one burger in the 1st some horribly presented fish I believe in another then some dried up broad beans in another then an empty tray. Around the corner just going into another room there was around 4 bowls really badly presented with mussels – calamara's all piled up going soggy – cut up squid or octopus tentacles – and something which looked like slime with bits in it.
Well on the way out the waiter doorman asked me if I had enjoyed my meal. I told him we didn't and that the food in our hotel which is a cheaper hotel within the same group had far better food. He looked at me in disbelief. “We are praised for our good food, did you not notice that this was a gala seafood evening?”

They had kiddies games etc around and on the outside stage the majority of the entertainment team were very poor, we had experienced some of them giving a paella demonstration earlier which was so terrible you good not believe it. Spanish dancers came on the stage later and when they finished it was a mass exodus almost everybody just went and it was only about 10:15 pm. We decided to walk back to the bar at the main hotel but it was closed apparently the only bar open was the one next to the restaurant. There were only a few in there we realised that hardly anyone was all inclusive this is why most had gone back to the hotel and apartments – there are virtually no bars in the resort as it is tiny. One pleasant surprise when I asked what whisky I was allowed on the all inclusive they pointed to them all – and there was some really expensive whiskies in the line up

Probably the best is to come – went back to our room with a drink – showed the door my keycard and it clicked open – obviously every card is different and programmed exclusively for each individual room.
In the early hours of the morning there were lots of people arriving making an unbelievable noise whilst we were lying in bed. Then suddenly we heard our door click and 2 men walked in with their cases obviously they had a keycard. My wife shouted “Out Out” so loud at them it frightened them they went in a flash.
About 30 mins later still very early morning there was a loud knock on the door and I was all fired up. I opened the door and there was a smartly dressed woman there asking to speak to Mr ?? my male partner!!!!. I told her to go it was just myself and wife in the room – she did not seem to really believe e and certainly no apology.

Breakfast was absolutely diabolical extremely limited and items left out from previous evening – cut pineapple all looking not fit to eat plus 2 large plates wilted garnish.
Several types of coffee machines two were cold coffee the 3rd was warm and undrinkable the fruit juice was well watered down cordial and vile so I ended up having cold water. I was going to have a slice of what was called farmhouse bread until I saw all the ants running around it

It goes on and on I have left so much out as it is so unbelievable and would make this report so long.

What I must say there is a gorgeous wild type beach, but there is warning notices telling you the danger of rock fall from the cliffs – makes you wonder why some sunbeds are right under these corroding cliffs. The hotel has some lovely pools with one relaxing pool for adults with beds and pillows around the pool and even a massage area and soothing music playing in the background and the gardens are beautiful with an impressive Pirate area with rides for the kids. There is also a lovely indoor spa pool.
The resort itself is very small with a large gift and clothing shop plus a couple of supermarkets and restaurants that is about it from what I could see. I believe the hotel has a free mini bus.

We were given a superior room as a part of this offer I presume – but not all rooms were of this quality from what I could see some were quite basic.

Back to the Entertainment team who were most unprofessional doing a sangria demonstration in the kiddies pool with a plastic table floating. After finishing they said, “Do you all believe in recycling to save the planet” most people nodded. Then they simply picked up the empty bottles of spirits and wine etc and chucked them all into the next pool!!

THE DAY WE LEFT THEY WERE EXPECTING 500 PEOPLE - I WOULD HOPE THEY WOULD OPEN THE OTHER BARS AND IMPROVED THE FOOD FOR THEM - IT SEEMS THAT WE WERE JUST UNLUCKY AT THIS HOTEL WITH THE MIX UP WITH KEYS ETC CAUSED BY THE BIG INFLUX ARRIVING THAT DAY

Glad to get back to the Ereso Hotel, Maria in the nicest way could not believe our story when she asked how we got on.
I believe she was pleased to hear that even though her hotel has a lower budget for food it was a lot better than the Cala Blanca

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 mi away
Aparthotel Orquidea
Aparthotel Orquidea
#11 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Invisa Hotel Club Cala Blanca? Share your experiences!