Hotel Panorama, Es Cana, Ibiza. (also known as Hotel Marina Panorama)
June 26th – July 3rd
Arrived around 1 in the morning, got checked in within 1 minute – excellent. There was even a cold salad & bottle of water waiting for us in the restaurant which was a nice touch.
We had room 116 which is at the rear of the older of the two buildings, built 1966. Appalling view out (see photo) and kept awake by noise of air-conditioning fans/units. Asked for a room change (did notice that we weren’t the only ones doing so) and were moved to the top floor of the newer building. Have to give staff credit for making this no problem.
The hotel was always very clean and is decorated in nice modern style. Rooms perfectly adequate, not massive, but big enough. Free fridge was helpful and it was nice to have tea/coffee making facilities included. Room balconies were good, but you’ll not want to sit out (or even have your room curtains open) if you’re on the back of the old building. Yes, the view really is that bad.
Food good, proper English bacon at breakfast as well as the usual nasty streaky stuff. Think that’s the first time I’ve seen decent bacon in an overseas hotel. Menu tailored to British only guests i.e. roast beef, gravy, Yorkshire pudding, apple crumble & custard etc. The quality of food was generally very good, though I’d definitely recommend taking your own favourite butter/margarine; as is common in hot countries, their spreads leave a greasy taste in your mouth.
It doesn’t matter which part of the hotel you’re in, the staff are all great, very friendly and happy to help despite being very busy. A special mention goes to Fatima and Violetta from the dining room staff, great service.
Outdoor activities on-site are either pool based or French bowls. No other organised activities, though there is a pool table and table-tennis.
The majority of guests seem to be over 50, which isn’t a problem, it just means that the hotel tends not to cater especially well to younger ages. There is an area of Astroturf big enough for a tennis or volleyball court, but never saw anyone using it. Could also have been used for air rifle/pistol shooting, 5-a-side football or any other manner of things.
Not enough sunbeds – past 10.30 virtually no chance of getting two together until around 4pm. Even more annoying are those people who clear off for a two-hour lunch leaving all their junk on unused sunbeds.
Dining room not air-conditioned or even fan cooled during the week we were there, despite temperatures hitting 30 degrees and the hotel website saying it is air-conditioned. Maybe turning it on would help?? Last 3 evenings were far, far too hot in there – really need to have something done about it. Saw one guy with trickle of sweat running down face. Unacceptable in a Gold hotel -much room for improvement.
Main bar/lounge; nicely laid out and were showing the World Cup games on a large projector screen. Unfortunately the chairs are probably the most uncomfortable I’ve come across in a long time. No padding on the armrests, the upper part of the seat back had an unpadded plank of wood digging into the shoulders and it was the same under the thighs. Horrible.
Evening entertainment; much made of quality Thompson Gold acts, have to say though that only one guy stood out, a comedy violinist by the name of Sid Bowfin. Very funny and very talented. Rest of entertainment was instantly forgettable. So, in summary;
• No kids
• Very good quality of food
• Very clean and nice decor
• Great staff
• Restaurant way, way too hot
• Not enough sun loungers
• Terrible chairs in bar/lounge
• Lack of outdoor activities for the under 50’s
• No way to contact hotel directly via email. Did send a request upon booking to Thompson asking for a quiet room which obviously never got actioned (didn’t even get an acknowledgement reply)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Panorama I y II is located on the sea front in the beach resort of Es Cana, only a few kilometres away from Santa Eulalia del Río. The hotel is an “adults only” hotel, specially thought of for those who wish to relax and unwind.The Hotel Marina Panorama offers you a wide gastronomical choice, with an à la carte restaurant, barbecue, cafeteria and snack bar.The accommodation offered by our hotel for adults in Ibiza is perfect for getaways and vacations for two, since it offers all the benefits and services of a gym, wellness and spa area, swimming pools… and an environment always ready for you to rest in well equipped rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Marina Panorama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Panorama i Hotel
- Hotel Marina Panorama Ibiza/Santa Eulalia Del Rio