“What you get for All Inclusive”
Review of AluaSoul Ibiza

AluaSoul Ibiza
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I’ve just returned from another visit to the Panorama and decided to go All Inclusive for the first time. IMHO this is only value for money if you stay at the hotel in the evenings which I didn’t as the entertainment was not very good. As there have been many comments about AI (which maybe should be called Part Inclusive) for the benefit of others I am listing what drinks are available between 10am and midnight.

Water/soft drinks/fruit juices/slush/lime with soft drink/coffee (cappuccino costs 1 euro)/herbal teas/Cerveza beer/lager/house cava/glass of wine/sangria (out of a carton) Local brandy, rum, whisky, gin, vodka plus Veterano brandy, Negrita rum, Ballantines whisky, Bombay Gin and Absolut Vodka/ Liquers – Hierbas, Tequila Sirra silver and a fruit liquer. Cocktails: Caribe dreams (alcohol free)/Daiquiri/Pina Colada/San Fransisco (alcohol free)/Tequila Sunrise/Vodka Sun/Love on the Beach (most cocktails come out of a machine ready made).

In the main bar there is a hot and cold buffet between 10:30am and 6:00pm with tea and cake between 5:00pm and 6:00pm and you can have a small ice cream tub (various flavours) as well. The dining room is also open for lunch between 1:00pm and 3:00pm with a selection of hot and cold foods. You have to pay for drinks in the Panorama Grand Café and cannot take a drink in there with you.

The hotel is in a nice position overlooking the sea and the Reception area was refurbished nicely in 2011-2012 but I think that the rooms (which were re-vamped) definitely need updating (they still have a small old fashioned TV and bed linen and curtains are the same as many many years ago). The staff are all very friendly and go out of their way to help you and the whole of the hotel is kept spotlessly clean.

There is a really large pool but nowhere enough sunbeds in high season hence the morning dash for them but being on my own I was usually able to find a bed at around 9am. A lot of the sunbeds need replacing as they are very uncomfortable. Waiter service around the pool has been stopped this year and there is usually only one person serving in the pool bar and the main bar during the day but I never had to wait long for a drink and they are now using plastic glasses during the day (a pet hate of mine).

Daytime entertainment round the pool is excellent due to the really outgoing personality of Adam who worked really hard. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the evening entertainment with the same Thomson Production Team shows as I’ve seen many times before and a British act was only flown in on a Thursday.

Having been to the hotel before I can say that the evening meal has deteriorated a lot both in quality and variety but people who hadn’t stopped there previously seemed, on the whole, to enjoy it.

I have to say that despite what I have said (and bad weather during the second week) I did enjoy my holiday and probably will return to the Panorama some time in the future. For evening entertainment it is well worth going to Charlie’s (next door), Ben and Smithy are hilarious and they have very good tribute acts on every night.

Room Tip: Single rooms are overlooking the sea. I was in room 219 and have to say I didn't find it noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sheila T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,897)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just returned from 10 days in Hotel Marina Panorama I and II.
Positives: Lovely and clean, friendly staff, all inclusive and an abundance of food and drink which included roast beef, roast pork and a gala night. Local wines and spirits were also included in the all inclusive and we had a bottle of wine every night with our meal.
Negatives: Out of the 10 nights we stayed, only one night had good evening entertainment and that was the comedian Paul Eastwood. The other evenings were poor amateur entertainment and not worthy of a Thomson gold flag.
A mention must be made about Adam who saves the day with his humour and talent to make everyone feel special. An intelligent young man to be able to remember so many peoples names and greet them each day as if they were the only guests ! I recommend you take part in the little daily games if not just to watch Adam and his antics which made me laugh all day.
Also take a look at the swop box in reception which we saw flip flops, a hat, lotions, books and magazines left for other guests to enjoy.
Would ask Thomson to urgently address the level of evening entertainment. The only thing preventing me from booking again next year.

1  Thank 684Judy
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just returned today and must say best entertainment I have seen in a thomson gold hotel ( and we have been to a few ) Adam is an amazing host and I have never enjoyed participating in all the daily games as much as here, Margaret taught me how to salsa ( something I never thought I could do ) and wouldn't hesitate to go back but maybe next time I would be more choosy about my room I had a twin and it was quite small but most of the rooms I saw ( even the ones the rest of our party had where much bigger think we just drew the short straw ) but that wouldn't put me of going back next year I'm looking at this minute for next year and can't wait :))

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have just returned from the Hotel Marina Panorama in ibiza and I had read all of the reviews on this site before I booked.
Do not believe the negatives about this hotel as I could find none.

We are a couple in our late forties and we had a lovely relaxing time in this hotel. it is fair to say that the majority of the traveler's in this hotel were over 50 but do not let that put you off as it had a fantastic atmosphere with everyone getting involved in the very good entertainment both during the day and at night.
The Thomson team at the hotel are very hard working and never seemed to be off duty. Adam and the rest of the gang were fully committed to making sure everything was just right for everyone.
The food was very good and I had no trouble finding something to please me at every meal time. The breakfast here is especially good, there is a snack bar area for those of you who opt for the all inclusive package that served from 10 a.m. til 6 p.m. and the quality of the food set out at this snack bar was certainly not a compromise on quality, it was fantastic.
The staff at the hotel were all very helpful throughout, from the maids, bar staff and reception staff they were all fantastic.
We wanted to change rooms as we did not have a view of the pool area, this was done as soon as the reception staff could arrange it, in hindsight though we need not have moved as the rooms are all excellent and the street side is surprisingly enough quieter than the poolside.
We actually wanted to stay for another week but this hotel is fully booked up to September 26th this year so we had to come home. A week was not long enough so I would suggest booking for 10 or 14 days.
The all inclusive package does appear to be two tier but we did not upgrade as 25 euros per person per day was not worth it as what you get on the standard all inclusive package is more than adequate. If you are a vodka drinker you can get Sky vodka on the all inclusive deal which is much smoother than the cheaper local brands.
A good tip here is to have a good look at the bar list which details what is and is not included in the package. Crisps, tea, coffee, ice cream and slush puppies are all included as well as all locally produced soft and alcoholic drinks.
The resort itself is quite small but very nice, there are water sports available on the beach if you feel like being a bit adventurous, there are also plenty of bars and restaurants to keep you entertained if you feel like a wander around.

A big thank you goes to the staff and Thomson team for making this holiday as good as it was for me and my wife. 10 out of 10.
George Davidson

Room Tip: There is an outside dining area on the front of the hotel which is extremely pleasant so try outside...
1  Thank AllanDScotland
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here from 10th August till 24th August had 2 lovely weeks here the hotel is spotless room cleaned every day. The food was also gorgeous ther is something for everyone. They did theme nights 3 times here in the hotel (Italian, Spanish n Mexican) the food is delicious you certainly will put the pounds on. Adam is hilarious n works really hard the reps too... Laura n Joe were lovely nothing was too much trouble..... Our room 1020 overlooked the pool on the 1st floor we saw the stage area also so could sit on the balcony and watch the show from there. They open the doors at 7.30am for the sunbeds people were queing at 6 sometimes which we thought was excessive as we always got a sunbed. The pool is lovely with an island bar in the middle and 2 jaccuzis also. We went half board n cud always get a snack from the bar or if you come out of the hotel n go right there is a patisserie selling lovely baguettes which we took to our rooms to eat on balconly. The marina is over the road where you could have boat trips or just to cat ch to go to the next island Santa Eullaliah....we caught the bus there and strooled alsong the marina. The buses are quite cheap and convenient. We went to Charlies bar where they have tribute bands on that's gud. If you want cheap drinks go to "Grannys Bar" left from the hotel and keep going straight its down some steps a bit dated but cheap n cheerful. We went on the "Trinkets n Treasure trip which is a lot cooler at night this consisted on coach trip into Ibiza town and the Hippie Market... Beware the drinks in Ibiza r expensive we had 1 jd n coke and a beer 17 euros.....They flew a comedian in on Thursday he was brilliant that's the only night we stayed in hotel we use to go out to the bars. We found the Air Con cud have been better situated it was to the side on a wall instead of above ur bed and also people who were AL still had to pay for slushies n named beers... also it isn't free Wi Fi it cost 15 euros a week but its changing nxt yr and going AL and free wi fi. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel it was our first time in Ibiza and we loved every minute of it. Just enjoy relax and chill!!

Room Tip: Choose 1020 onwards on the first floor these overlooked the pool area.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My daughter and I have just returned from this hotel. Apart from a problem with a member of the Reception staff which was brought to the attention of the Thomson team, we had an enjoyable stay. Everyone else made sure that we had a good time especially Adam!!! He is simply fabulous. The range of daytime activities was well varied (a favourite being Cocktail of the Day) and the evening entertainment was great. We particularly enjoyed the Thomson Production Team's 'Night at the Musicals'.

There were problems with flooding due to the extreme weather and on our last night the lights went out on one staircase and on the corridors. I did not know this as I tried to walk up to the 3rd floor. Whilst this is obviously a rare occurrence, it would have been helpful if someone had been there to alert guests as they left the evening entertainment . It was very difficult to move around safely and return to the bedrooms. With the age of the average holidaymaker being over 50, it was an accident waiting to happen.

Elizabeth S

Room Tip: Avoid area around Room 108 unpleasant smell. Pool view rooms appeared to be bigger... other guests...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We've been to the Hotel Panorama on numerous occasions and never been disappointed. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Some of them have been there for years. Not sure that the option of all-inclusive has enhanced the hotel, however we had a fantastic holiday and will return! Would not recommend for people under about 40. The best entertainment staff ever this year, such fun! The swimming pool is a huge draw, it is huge and fabulous. The sun bed issue is always thorny in any hotel but we always got beds where we wanted them. Overall a WONDERFUL holiday.

Room Tip: There are a few superior rooms and we have chosen them, but room 524 on the top floor could not be b...
1  Thank Sue C