“Happy holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta
Ayrshire
“Happy holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We travelled here on 28 June for two weeks with our daughter, son in law and grand daughter of twenty months old. The hotel is small, clean and very well run by friendly staff. The quality of the food was fairly good, although the meat quality could have been better, and the surly chef could have been more accommodating . There was plenty of choice, it was nicely presented, tho some children who were allowed to go themselves messed up the food horribly,this is so disrespectful to other guests. Also the lunch was better than dinner most days. The drinks on offer were not of the best quality, if you enjoy wine or an alcoholic drink it's best just to go half board and buy your own drink as it would be a lot less expensive than all inclusive. Certainly not a four star, a three star probably. The rooms were reasonably nice and the showers good and hair dryer good. Rooms 223 229 and 230 best for sea views. The hotel is a good twenty five minute walk uphill from the marina and seven euros by taxi. The one really bad point was the awful sun loungers by the pool, they were the most uncomfortable, creaking and mostly broken we have ever came across, and as usual not enough umbrellas to go round the guests. Also many of the chairs around the pool cafe were in a bad state, as they has metal bars jutting out at the sides that caught on your clothes.

Room Tip: 229 and230 best sea view tho 222 and 223 had reasonable seview and were nice and quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lindaayrshire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Polish first
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Firstly an apology. If you read any reviews of this hotel over the next few days that say "lovely hotel, lovely staff, lovely food, spoiled by five loud women" I am truly sorry-that was us and ask you not to hold it against the hotel.

I travelled with four of my friends for a short break to celebrate one of our party's 50th birthday. We arrived too late for dinner but early enough to enjoy some all inclusive drinks and the entertainment on Sunday night. Both were fine. At midnight we wandered across the road in search of food. The Titanic bar pizzas are tremendous. I couldn't possibly write a review of the Titanic because I can't actually remember much of the following two hours!

Anyway back to Club Siesta. The following morning I got a good look at our room. It was lovely- everything you needed, a balcony with table and chairs, loads of towels and a wide selection of complimentary toiletries. As reported by other guests the air conditioning isn't great but it certainly isn't as bad as some made out. It does cool the room down if you keep the balcony door shut.

The food in this hotel is excellent. I really cannot fault it. All fresh, plenty of choice at all meals. Omelettes cooked to order at breakfast, meat and fish also cooked to order at night.There are salads and vegetarian fare as well as a good selection of fruit and desserts (various cakes and ice cream) There is snack bar by the pool that cooks burgers, toasties, hot dogs and chips.So if you really cannot drag yourself away from your sunbed into the dining room then this is the place for you.Or if like us you are greedy fat pigs and fancy a mid afternoon after lunch and before dinner snack,this is also the place for you.

The pool area has plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas.There is a separate kiddies pool and the whole area is watched over by Joshua the lifeguard who is very attentive. We had no trouble finding sunbeds but I'm not sure if that would still be true in high season. The animation team organise many games and activities during the day. Chakalaka is a hoot, Agatha is a bit quieter but good fun. If you don't fancy any of the activities they don't force you to join in. I would say though, join in, it's a great way to get to know your fellow guests and you will have fun-even if you are blessed, as I am, with the co-ordination of a slightly inebriated octopus.There are no daytime activities for children, the nightly mini disco is the only organised child friendly activity. Night time adults entertainment included bingo (I won!!!), a singer on two nights and a disco.

The bar stocks a wide range of drinks, measures are generous and they have a cocktail of the day which is included in the all inclusive.While we were there we tried Black Russians, Blue Hawaiis, Tequila Sunrise and I can't remember the other two! But they were all good.

The staff in the hotel are very friendly-all of them. the bar staff, the restaurant staff, the maids and the reception staff. On my friend's birthday we asked if there was anywhere we could get a cake.the cook offered to make one for 10 euros.They produced an enormous, gorgeous chocolate cake, sang Happy Birthday to her and gave a bottle of champagne. We shared the cake with the other guests.It was beautiful.

It is about a fifteen minute walk to the beach/marina area. Uphill on the way back but not too bad unless you have mobility issues. A taxi will cost you about 11 euros. Very much worth a visit though. It is very pretty and plenty of bars and restaurants.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody unless they are looking for a holiday with entertaiinment for their children.it has a nice feel about it and I honestly can't fault it.My friends didn't like the tea so went to the Spar shop for PG Tips and drank that instead at breakfast. I couldn't comment either way on that-never drink tea but the coffee was good (not the machine stuff the fresh brewed stuff!) All five of us had a fantastic time and would go back...assuming the hotel would have us!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank anjelikaferrett
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We have just stayed at the Club Siesta as a couple for 7 nights. I have to say, the online video and photographs are not a realistic representation of the standard of the hotel....i would say it is a 3 star at most. After reading lots of excellent reviews we expected better standards....

The food was very average, with not much variation and not always fresh...poor deserts. I couldnt believe that cocktails were not included in the all inclusive package, i have stayed in a 3 star all inclusive before which has offered fantastic cockatils and all types of drinks, so this was disappointing. For the standard of the hotel, to make all inclusive guests pay for below average drinks was very disappointing. The snack bar offered poor burgers and very basic toasted sandwiches....no healthier choices or salad bars etc. No fresh juices, rather pressed concentrate from machines. These things all add up...and again, i was shocked this was a 4 star! we would have opted for self catering if we had known.

the swimming pool area was disappointing, with old sunbeds/loungers and a very basic small pool for all guests.

not enough effort/quality has been put into the pool area/food/drinks/ and games and activies which were very old/not working.

as a couple we got by fine, but for small children not much going on at all!

i was also surprised to see we had to pay to use the safe and fridge, i have not seen this before...especially when paying quite a lot of money already. The same applies for renting towels for 20 eauros each deposit. Strange.

The night time entertainment was poor...we didnt stay at the hotel not one evening ! there was little to no atmosphere....and to be honest....not any luxury or leisure from either the place or the guests :( bit of an odd atmosphere ! some days it represented scenes from Benidorm :(

the very thin walls in between rooms meant anyone even chatting next door would keep me up all night, and the air vents in every room led up to someone elses bathroom so we could hear everything...sometimes not so pleasant.

there are positives however:

very friendly and helpful staff, which is always lovely, and helps the experience.

we were given a room above the kitchen, strong smell. and very little view. the staff swiftly moved us the next day to room which a much better view, stunning sea view :) very romantic!

another plus is the cleanliness of the room, and the efficiency of the maids cleaning every day so thank you very much appreciated. Again the staff are polite and friendly which is always refreshing.

the area is FANTASTIC/ truly, club siesta is a short walk from the river/ sea with a lovely scenic walkway leading to beautiful beaches !!! we loved every minute of exploring the area! there is something for eveyrone along the promenade. Boat trips are a great idea, and easy to access.

The local food was great in some restarants, very average and over priced in many also.

However the local staff, and people of Santa Eulalia really made a great impression and their warmth and sense of humour and hospitality really helped us enjoy our stay as much as we did :)

drinking cockails by the Marina, was fantastic,the whole area in general was definitely overpriced but also expected for a popular tourist destination...

stunning views, boats, sunset. Santa Eulalia is perfect! for couples mostly, and families.

I recommend the area which was lovely, although not much night life/entertainment, quite dated. But the views were so amazing, and great music in some places so it didnt matter so much :) for couples in love! also lots of little shops and supermercados which is handy :) youll have to buy bottles water (we went through about 15)!! as you cant drink the tap water, so take note.

Unfortuntaley the hotel did let us down....dont expect luxury or leisure...but rather an average, clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff :) so thank you for that! all in all we did have agreat time however the accomodation and hotel was a disappointment and we would not stay again unfortunately.

Room Tip: 2nd floor boasts better rooms with lovely views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marie S
Hotelsiestasirenis, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta; we are glad to read that you had overall a great time among us and hope your perception of the holiday got better after the room change.

We took good note of your comments related to the variety of our buffet and passed it on to our Chefs for information; our Chefs follow a one week menu rotation so as to ensure the possibility to savor many different flavors at every single meal; please, accept our apologies if we were not able to satisfy your culinary wishes on this occasion. Although the offer in the pool snack bar is not as wide as the one in the main buffet restaurant, there are some salads included.

I hope your don’t bother my contradiction; we offer a different cocktail every day, which is included in our all inclusive package and is announced in the Bar.

We regret your comments concerning the animation during the night. It includes an international night show 4 days per week; during the remaining nights our entertainment team is in charge of the night activities.

Our guests will find a safe in their room, which may be hired from reception (€15 deposit + €2/day hire rate); the deposit will be refunded at the end of the stay, the same as the €10 pool towel deposit; no hire rate will be charge for the pool towels.

It is also much appreciated that you can isolate the positive aspects of your holiday and enjoyed the beautiful beaches, local gastronomy, marina, sunsets… we’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for pointing out the genuine kindness and helpfulness of our staff who is fully committed to ensure that all guests are enjoying their stay at our hotel.

Best regards,
Sirenis Hotels & Resorts
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had been searching for a good all inclusive hotel for my 50th and this one had really good reviews. Well what can i say wasn't disappointed at all. All the staff were really good and friendly. The animation team worked hard all day and got people involved. The restaurant and bar staff were excellent. The food was very varied and at breakfast they cook fresh fried eggs, omelettes and pancakes and there was so much choice. Lunch was again very good and evening meals too, there was always plenty to choose from and for a small hotel and restaurants alot better than the bigger ones I have used before. The all inclusive starts at 10 and ends 12 and the drinks you can have are again plenty of choice with the cocktail of the day. The rooms were good and very clean with a good sized bathroom and excellent shower. The night time entertainment was alright but it is what you make of it and we had a laugh and a dance with the piano man and managed to get everyone up dancing. The pool area was really big and always loads of sunbeds to choose from. Yes like some people have mentioned not always comfortable but most sunbeds are not where ever you go. The last day I found one that was broken, but I simply moved it and got another one, i am sure they will get replaced. Good covered area by the bar and snack bar if you wanted a break from the sun. Anyway i will certainly go back as the atmosphere was great and due to that the guests were too and everyone chatted or said hello which was really nice. I was with 5 friends but if i went back on my own i know i would be able to get talking to people.

Room Tip: The walk to the beach is about 10 minute stroll and coming back there is a little bit that is steep...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank carolinecairns
tpa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have been back a week from a really fantastic vacation at the Sirenis. I have not been to Ibiza for 30 years so was nervous that we were going to be facing!

First impressions
Pepe was excellent and checked our large party in very efficiently. He offered a ground floor room for my elderly father and was very accommodating for those of us with children. We arrived around noon and were able to access our rooms immediately.

Rooms
I was extremely pleased with the rooms. Very clean. Bathrooms well stocked with towels and supplies which are changed daily if you desire. Just a tip-Bring your own hairdryer. The one in the hotel is not very powerful.
Our room had a great view of the pool and you could also see the hills and beach from the side view.

It is difficult for me to understand why there are complaints about the food on here. I fell it more than exceeded my expectations. They catered to different cultures and different tastes. Great Soups, salads, breads. Many different main course choices. Many vegetables cooked a variety of ways. in addition they often had cheese and crackers. There was always a wide variety of fresh fruit and cakes.
Breakfast was my favourite meal with again a huge variety catering to the various nationalities.
Lucia made crepes and would cook the bacon longer if you wanted it crispy.
The cook at night always had an option of fish and meat to grill to order-Yummy.

Pool
Lovely pool and great kids pool. Joshua the lifeguard was extremely attentive-Much more so than the lifeguard that was there on the other days. There were plenty of sunbeds. Some were uncomfortable but I find that in most places. They appear to be in the process of changing the poolside furniture but as with any business, it takes time.

Poolside snackbar
Based on comments I had read on here, I had thought the snack bar was a seperate charge-Not so. It was included in all inclusive. A great option if you did not want to dress for lunch. Also a great option if you stayed out until 4am and missed breakfast-Mari makes a great bacon sandwich. Snack bar had burgers/ hotdogs and cheese and ham toasties and chips. It opens from 12-5 each day.

Entertainment
Well I had read really horrible reviews on here so had low expectations. I was very pleasantly surprised. They had various games around the pool each day that kids and adults could join in. The little ones loved the mini disco each night. They were able to learn songs and really had fun. I am not a bingo love but I know people enjoy it. In addition to this, they had a couple of really outstanding nights. A singer from UK female who did songs through the decades, a male singer who was also great from the UK, was outstanding spanish singer who had spent time in Scotland-He was first class. They also had a really great quiz night. It wasnt vegas but at the end of the day, its a small hotel and itsa what you make it. We had a great time

Special thanks to the bar staff for making our stay really great
Aziz, Lubo, Belinda and Carlos. They were really, really great.

Hope to return someday. We also met some incredible people there, especially the Scottish wedding party who partied with us.

Last but not least. Titanic Bar is great. Paco, Mario and Jaime are the best!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank josarahm
Odessa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

There we 26 of us in our group as well as 9 others who stayed at neighboring establishments. Everyone had a fantastic time. We represented 4 generations of a family with a few spare family friends thrown in for good measure.

The Idea of All-Inclusive had some of us wary but none of us were disappointed with the quality or quantity of food & drink.

Everyone Agreed that we could have stayed for another week or would consider returning in the future.

Pepe is everything that you read about and more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bil M
Cookstown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were moved from a sh1t hole Hotel Hawaii Ibiza on a booking mix up on their part which they refused to accept was the Hotels fault. Thomas Cook moved the wife and myself to this replacement Hotel and we just loved it. The difference when we walked in the door of this hotel compared to the other was like night and day. The first person we came into contact with was Pepe he could have not been more welcoming. We were informed that the room was not ready yet, Pepe got our all inclusive wrist bands sorted and instructed us to get a drink and he would come and fetch us when all was ready, true to his word he came and got us explaining that our room was now ready. Beautiful room and view, large clean bathroom, all without fault. Every member of staff we met was courteous and helpful. The room was cleaned every day. We enjoyed the food and there was never a problem finding a free table. Lots of sunbeds around the pool and trees for shade. The day time entertainment team worked really hard and got as many involved as possible, well done to them both. One downside the adult entertainment at night isn't great, the best night we had was with Arby?? the piano player, he was class.The main town is a beautiful walk along what looks like a pretty new promenade, it really is a stunning place. I could not fault this Hotel and we have already decided to return next year. Finally to Pepe thank you for all your help and to Kara the Thomas Cook Rep for all her help.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ME Ibiza
ME Ibiza
#5 of 55 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#2 of 55 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Insotel Tarida Beach Sensatori Resort

Been to Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta? Share your experiences!