“October getaway”

Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here as a couple in October 2013. First time to Ibiza so bit concerned it would be a bit too wild for a couple in their 40's. Needn't have worried as Santa Eulalia was excellent. Hotel was in a good location but best thing was the staff especially Pepe who made you feel very welcome. Food was great and good choice. Nice walks around the resort especially along the river and up to the old church on the hill. Nice boat trip to Ibiza town and walk around D'alt Villa. Amazing views. Would highly recommend. Boats leave every hour. Weather was excellent for third week in October. Would return to Ibiza without a doubt.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Robertsonsfife

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Spent a week here beginning May with 4 friends as a girlie break.
I'll start with the positives:
The rooms were of a good size and kept very clean. Fresh towels everyday and PJ's neatly folded under pillow which was sweet. We were first floor and did find that when we came back from our day round the pool the patio doors were always unlocked, maybe check that they are being locked??
The pool area was clean and plenty of sunloungers (tho they can be quite uncomfortable with the plastic rungs being broken on a few of them....) to choose from. The pool bar was open from 12-5pm serving pizza, hot dogs etc which were quite tasty.
The bar and lounge area was spacious and always clean. We found all of the bar staff very friendly (Hello Lubo!) and Shackalaka (AKA Will) the entertainment co-ordinator was always on hand to try and liven you up with games.
Now for the not so good:
Breakfast was great, enough choice for everyone from healthy to fry up. Lunch was ok, enough choice again. However, the evening meal was not great. They have a grill area where the chef will cook you chicken, fish or meat of some description. I had chicken breast on our second evening at the hotel, when I cut it in half looking forward to some tasty meat it was still raw. Not a fan. I tried various different 'meats' during the week and found most of it either under cooked or over cooked. While there was plenty of choice it was quite difficult to put a meal together. Needless to say we ate out 3 nights of our All Inclusive holiday.
Over all though the staff were polite and friendly, the hotel was clean and comfy. Only a 10 min walk from the town where there are plenty of bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gwennie21
Hotelsiestasirenis, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor about your experience regarding your recent visit to the Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta with your friends.

We will make sure all your review is taken into consideration and are happy to read your positive comments about our hotel facilities, room standards and friendly staff.

We regret that the restaurant service were not to your taste during the evening meals; the chef at the show cooking will always be pleased to assist, should you prefer the meat or fish piece a little bit more cooked. Your feedback on resort is very important for us; if something is not to your liking during your stay, please advise the reception or the restaurant maitre before trying somewhere else.

Please don’t hesitate contact us if you decide to come back to the hotel in the future, so we can make sure you have a great stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed in the area many times but first time at this hotel. For the money we paid everything was perfect.Very clean spacious rooms. Great food with loads of choice and the staff were amazing. Well done thank you.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a partial sea view and some full.We stayed on the second floor and that is the top f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank turners666
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Back home yesterday May 10th after a sunny week in Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta, Santa Eulalia, Ibiza. We took my brother (53) who is disabled for his first flight experience, & my mother.
Due to my brothers disability we had planned the holiday specifically around his needs. The hotels adapted room was very good and met his needs fully. It was on the ground floor with a ground floor patio area and had a good sized wet room. The hotel lift is very small so he wasn't able to get to our room, but he didn't mind that. Our room on the 2nd floor was fine with the exception of the shower which leaked on the floor every day; however the room was cleaned and fresh towel replaced the sodden ones each morning, so not too much of a problem. The food was varied & plenty of it, some days were better than others but on the whole we thought it was good. The restaurant staff were lovely and very helpful and we took a packed lunch a couple of times to the beach and they were great. Reception staff were always friendly and helpful, booking us taxis and early morning calls etc. We found the pool area satisfactory with plenty of sun beds & there was a hoist for the pool if my brother had wanted to use it. The entertainment was poor on some days, although not down to the entertainment organiser who was very enthusiastic but seemed to be working on a very low budget. The bar was well stocked and we enjoyed the cocktails of the day (hic!) & generally the staff were very nice, however one barman who I think was the bar supervisor was rude and a bully. We work long and hard for our holidays and I found his behaviour totally unacceptable and I don't wish to pay to be spoken down to or belittled by aanyone... To end on a more positive note, apart from a lack of public toilets, the beaches & the area itself is beautiful and very well looked after & the weather was fantastic.

Room Tip: If travelling with someone with mobility problems book a ground floor room as you won't get a wh...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Carole C

Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing the Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta to spend your family holidays on Ibiza and for sharing your opinion with the community.

I appreciate your time and dedication, and would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience at Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta. It enlivens us to read your positive comments about the standards of our specially adapted rooms, the restaurant service and our reception staff.

If anything is faulty during your stay, please advise reception or alternatively your chambermaid, in order that it may be rectified as soon as possible.

We are always disappointed when clients have been inconvenienced by certain behaviors. I’d like to offer an apology on behalf of Sirenis Hotels & Resorts if the bar staff was not as friendly as tried to be and hope we are going to be able to restore your confidence into our brand in your next visit to the hotel if you give us the opportunity.

Nevertheless, it is nice and very appreciated to see that you can isolate the good from the bad, and you had an overall good experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Hotel was friendly and compact but it was no way a 4star property.the rooms are nice although and clean although the shower head is fixed to wall so couldn't be moved. We moved rooms after a day as the hotel is opposite a residential block of flats we nick named Del Boy towers and the noise from there with dogs barking and bar opposite was much we were moved without hesitation.the food is average and sometimes was indescribable.entertainment was poor as was pool area.
Santa ellulia however is so beautiful and unspoilt and we would return but not to Serenis hotel

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank lindsey480
Hotelsiestasirenis, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta to spend your holidays and for sharing your point of view with other travelers on Tripadvisor. Santa Eulalia is the second most populated municipality in the island after Eivissa. It offers a wide range of beaches, lovely towns, solitary fields and little markets, attracting thousands of tourists every season.

We regret that the assigned room were not as quiet as expected. Our front desk will always be pleased to assist.

The hotel manager is personally supervising all animation programmes; Our entertainer organizes several daytime and evening activities. Furthermore our guests can enjoy 4 different international shows during the week.

We are disappointed to read your comments about the restaurant service, as it is one of the best valued services. This was clearly not your impression and we’d like to apologize therefore.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I visited the Sirenis Hotel Club siesta at the end of July, beginning of August 2013 with my children ( ages 16,11,9yrs). Upon arrival at the hotel, you are greeted by smiling staff who are very friendly & informative. We were allocated a room on the 2nd floor with a view of the hills & partial sea view. Rooms are fairly spacious, clean and with fresh linen. There are room safes for additional charge which is ideal for passports and purses when by the pool. As it is an all inclusive resort,you only need your room card with you whilst you stay on site,as the food ( except from the snack bar) drinks & ice cream for the
children are included and available throughout the day. The choice of food in the restaurant from breakfast,lunch and dinner was vast & I thought catered for everyone,it is buffet style too. Fresh chicken or fish cooked to personal taste was
served along with a choice of salads,meats or pasta amongst the " traditional" English grub of chips which we avoided as you go on holiday to experience new
Tastes & local delicacies. The manager Pepe was extremely helpful with any questions & when booking trips.
All in all we had a fantastic two weeks and plan to return again this year. Highly recommended..

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Carol K
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I travelled on this particular holiday with Thomas Cook the flight was fine - just your usual charter flight kind of thing, the rep was only seen once and that was at the welcome meeting.

Now on to the good bit....

The transfers are quicker than it says in the brochure - they took about half a hour through the countryside of Ibiza not the hour it stated in the brochure but I guess they're just covering their backs for busier seasons.

I chose this particular hotel as I was taking my mum and she likes smaller hotels, close enough to get to everything but with not many children, this was ideal.

Yes the furniture in the hotel reception was faded however I did not see anyone during the whole duration of our stay using it.

The manager was a absolute diamond, kept my mum laughing constantly.

The rooms were large and clean perfect for two people, for anymore it would have been slightly uncomfortable for me, room tip - take your own hairdryer the one the hotel gives you feels like someone is just blowing on your hair. If you need a ironing board and iron the reception will bring one to your room however be warned the wire on the iron is very questionable and made me a bit nervous to use. The room we were in had a air vent in the bathroom so whilst having a shower before going down for dinner I could hear all the kitchen staff singing to the radio and laughing and joking - this didn't bother me but I know that it would some people.

The pool area is small however so is the hotel - I personally don't think it would be great for a family, however it's more than adequate for a couple and gets very deep at one end. If you want to hire a pool towel the hotel does ask for a deposit of 10 euros, this is refundable when you hand it back in and they will exchange the towels whenever you require a clean one.

The food selection was great! There was plenty of choice for all meals throughtout the day, and the show cooking was great, in particular the pancakes and omlettes made to order in the morning.

Drinks were served in plastic cups around the pool area as with most hotels, and I felt the measures were very good, I love the fact they have a different cocktail everyday included in the all inclusive package. I love even more that Cava is included in the all inclusive.

The entertainment in the day was great, really enjoyed the water aerobics and archery and loved watching the water polo however I was not going to get involved in this as the men get very competative!

The entertainment in the evening for me is something of a sore point, most nights we went out as there was bingo and karaoke and this isn't my kind of thing however one night we stayed in to watch a magic act, this did not go well. I am a animal lover and during this act the magician pulled a very sick rabbit out of his hat - the rabbit was obviously doped off it's head and was missing fur on it's face and was in great distress - this upset me quite alot and I tried to speak to the magician who after performing most of the act in English told me he couldn't speak my language and told me the rabbit was a "professional rabbit" and was fine - come on Pepe sort this out!!.

If like us you like to go out in the evening your a short walk to Santa Eulalia promenade with many shops, bars and restaurants - this was great and had something for everyone. I particually enjoyed Mariners live bands and cocktails, this is located near the marina. The walked along the marina at night is not very well lit however there was alot of people around and us two women felt safe.

During the day you could go to the beaches near the promenade however there is alot of seaweed and if the wind is strong the water can look rather murky, as a alternative there is a quite cove in the opposite direction of the promenade, this has white sand with crystal clear water and you can feed the masses of fish that swarm around you. If you ask the night before the hotel will give you a picnic to take. To hire a sunbed was 4 euros. The cove can be quite difficult to find so ask reception for directions.

We did a day trip to Es Cana, we simply got the bus ourselves for 1.45 euros from the station in Santa Eulalia, this was a wonderful day. The area isn't as big as Santa Eulalia but there are some very nice restaurants on the sea front and the beach is absolutely gorgeous again the turquoise waters and white sands. If you don't fancy the bus you can get the water taxi however I thought this was pretty expensive.

Overall I really enjoyed the resort and the hotel and would stay there again especially if the evening entertainment was improved.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple