“Great experience!”

Bambuddha
Cuisines: Japanese, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award-winning MediterrAsian Cuisine, Addictive Cocktails, Ambient Tunes and Ibiza Tantra Lifestyle! Come and experience the Iconic Restaurant Temple Bambuddha Ibiza! Awarded as Ibiza's best fine dining 2013, 2014 & 2015.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A stunning place! Superb decor which on arrival is stunning. We booked at 8:00pm when it opens and they have atmospheric Buddhist chanting music playing which creates an amazing atmosphere. I had the seared scallops with mango salsa which were perfect, they are served thinly sliced and almost raw really, they just melt in the mouth, heavenly! The lobster tail in red curry again was delicious, so tasty but light and tasty. Four of us went and all enjoyed our courses. We finished by all sharing a Group Orgasm!! (dessert platter), wow....some yummy textures and flavours, especially the coconut curry truffle and the strawberry and basil soup. Be sure to pop in to the Tantra Sex Shop for a browse too! Would most definitely book again. Bambuddha would be a great venue for a group, romantic couple...lovely place to propose!!!! It would be a lovely venue for a wedding party too. Get booked, it's a must if you are visiting Ibiza and exploring the islands culinary gems.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I love Asian food so we chose this place from the reviews on trip advisor and the fact that the setting looked lovely. We saved it for the last night of our holiday as a special meal to end on. It truly is beautiful inside. We have been to Bali and it is very traditional in design, giving that true Asian feel. The Om music was lovely, they should sell the CD. I had really high hopes for this place and I wasn't disappointed with the starter. I had salmon and tuna with guacamole and sorbet. Very interesting combination and extremely yummy. I was enjoying the experience until my main came. I had 12 hour cooked Ibiza chicken which came in 3 pieces of chicken. The first one was lovely, the second one seemed a bit pink inside and I was concerned that it wasn't cooked properly so I cut into the third and it was completely raw inside. We asked the waiter if this chicken was raw and showed him how pink it was. He assured us that it couldn't be raw as it was cooked for 12 hours but I didn't trust it so left it. Later the head waiter/manager came over to apologize and said it must have been the chefs mistake. He offered us free desserts which we had. My husbands was lovely but mine a bit dry and not hot enough. We seemed to be ignored after this though. We didn't have a drink or anything on the table but were never offered another drink or the bill. Eventually we caught someones eye to ask for the bill. I would have stayed for a drink in the bar but was too disappointed that such a lovely place could make such a mistake with the chicken so we left.
The valet parking seems pretty pointless too. We had to queue for 5 mins to wait for our car to be driven to the front door when we could see that it had been parked only 4 metres away!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great food, many VIPs, always somebody to meet or recopgnize. Try the duck.
Very good bar afterwords, better use a taxi.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I experienced a real mix of establishments in Ibiza. This place definitely falls into the trendy category but to write a review with that as the overriding factor would be short sighted. Yes, there were many cliches here but I didn't feel like it was a case of style over substance. This was a dinner that went to €80 per head but we weren't holding back and I think that it was great value. We began with cocktails - they were the real deal, high end ingredients really well presented. My starter was effectively a thinly sliced beef salad, it blew me away and I'm not easily impressed. I counted (nerd) 14 different ingredients on my plate (I may have missed some). The fusion style salad was full of mandolin sliced raw vegetables and shoots, all perfectly dressed and not a stingy portion in any way. The mains were equally generous and the attempt to introduce and meld different flavours was not lost on me. It was subtle but well managed. By this time the portions, the cocktails and the bottle of wine meant that dessert was out of the question. Instead we opted for dessert in a cocktail glass. My esspresso vodka martini was just the job. Yes, some of the clientele were a bit loud but we can only dare to dream that one day, we too will enjoy that level of self importance. A nice touch though was that the attentive staff were also generally quite beautiful - this seemed to be the perfect way to remove wind from someone's ever billowing ego sails.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and i visited bambuddha grove during the week. Food and drink is expensive but very tasty and beautifully presented. With beef items on the menu customers have the choice of angus or the more expensive Wagu. I chose to have wagu as the starter and angus with the main. Service was not very attentive in regards to drinks and it took ages and a couple of requests for our bill to arrive. When it did arrive i had been charged for wagu on both the starter and main. I pointed out this error so they took the bill away. Some time later another staff member who i has no interaction with prior to this came back with the same bill and told me that i had in fact eaten Wagu for both main and starter and then stood there in silence. When i replied "but i ordered angus" he hastily replied, "it doesn't matter - we will just charge you for the angus".
While i like food and thoroughly enjoyed my main, no little bell went off in my head to say "this is too good to be angus" while i was eating it. Customers should only be expected to be billed for what they ordered. I was really annoyed at how they handled THEIR error and it took from what i hoped would be an expensive treat for me and my wife