“Save your money ..... this is too expensive!”
Review of Aguas de Ibiza

Aguas de Ibiza
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Did I really stay in the same hotel as all the people writing wonderful reviews! Who writes some of these reviews, I wonder?
We were SO disappointed with almost everything. Firstly, the area is not suitable for a 5* hotel. It is surrounded by package tour hotels and is too far away from the sea. Yes, it is within walking distance of restaurants but not good restaurants.
The hotel itself is absurd; someone came up with the idea to call it a modern spa - and charge a fortune! I would imagine that it is losing a lot of money: badly maintained, badly run and in need of a refurb in many places. Stay here if you get a REALLY cheap deal. Make sure not to take a room overlooking the car park, but also take a lot of money, you will need it!
The pool area is small and crowded with dreadful music blasting out constantly. The music competes with music blaring out from surrounding hotels, not exactly relaxing to say the least. Good luck if you are hoping for a poolside drink - you may have a very long wait. Good luck with anything you ask for, the staff will forget about your request most of the time.
The food isn't very good and drinks are overpriced.
We will be back to visit glorious Ibiza but will stay somewhere nice next time.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2013

it's a hotel to relax with a very nice location and view to the marina. friendly staff. delicious food, specially the breakfast. very nice rooms with domotica system... lovely experience end we will return!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Aguas de Ibiza is an incredibly special place! It isn't your typical bed and breakfast hotel! The relaxed yet very helpful approach of the staff made our stay so special. Breakfast was delicious and full of choice. I particularity enjoyed the spa and the many treatments they offer. I have to say, I do miss their good night service (chocolate on the pillows) now that I am back home. I can not wait for next year, I would book a flight just to go back to Aguas de Ibiza.
Thank you for the incredible staff!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Agree with all good comments. Loved the location, so close to Marina for resturants and bars. We went for a romantic weekend and weren't dissapointed. The facilities are great especially the spa pools. We only had breakfast, which was good (we ate outside of the hotel).The staff were friendly and happy to help you. It rained whilst we were there & the building leaked a bit (a corner of the room) we reported this and it was mopped up on our return. Our room was on third and views of marina 318.

Room Tip: 318 has balcony facing marina
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here in September for the 38 degrees North fitness retreat and this place was great for it! After a day full of sports, you want to come back to your room and just be able to relax, which is exactly what you can do here.

Upon arrival we discovered we were upgraded to a corner suite, which meant we had views of the sea on 2 sides. The room was spacious with electric curtains, nice TV, desk and the bathroom was great with a view of the sea from the bathtub! One of the mattresses was somehow leaning a bit towards one side, but after we had turned it over there were no issues with it anymore.
The only thing I didn’t particularly like was the glass door of the toilet, as it somehow kills the romance a little bit. I later on discovered there was an additional sliding door, which ensured some more privacy.

I agree that the food and drinks are pricey, but the quality is seriously impressive. I had the most amazing fig tart and wanted to lick the plate once I was finished. The breakfast spread is really good and extensive. As we were doing the fitness retreat we had a special menu for dinner that only included the more healthy items on the menu, but these items were very tasty and luckily also generous enough. I just loved the goat cheese salad and had it twice during the week I was there. The staff is very attentive and can give you good recommendations. One thing that was a bit odd though is that my husband wanted just a glass of red wine and they didn't have that available, but they did have a small bottle, which he decided to take. The wine was good, however it would have been nice to just have been able to order 1 glass.

The hotel spa is very nice and spacious, really well done and the massages are impressive! Ask for Paolo if you want to have your back cracked really well! The gym is well equipped and the group classes are good. You should definitely try the yoga on the roof, as you have a lovely view of the sea.

The roof is also very nice in terms of just lounging by the pool with a cocktail (yes, I did cheat a little on this fitness retreat). I also really enjoyed sitting downstairs outside in the evenings with (yes, again) a cocktail, as they have some lovely chilled out music with a true Ibiza vibe and comfy lounge chairs. The karaoke (which is from a different hotel) can be heard, but I didn't find it that disturbing.

After having seen some other 5-star hotels on Ibiza I really think that Aguas de Ibiza is the better option. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but you really do get value for money.

2  Thank Wien81
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute. We travel to Ibiza regularly and normally stay on the west coast but decided we wanted a change and we'd heard good reports about this hotel in Santa Eulalia. When we got to the hotel at 2am there was a gentleman a reception greeting us with our room card with which he took us to our room. We'd booked a junior suite as the price difference between this room and the deluxe room was minimal. When we walked in we were very happy with our choice. Inside the room was full mood lighting, a super king bed, electric curtains, Bang and Olufsen television, a bath tub on the balcony with amazing views out onto the harbour.
The room was in immaculate condition and was kept clean and stocked with towels and amenities constantly throughout our stay, we also had a turndown service every night.

On the second day of our stay we decided to try the spa downstairs as we had full access included in our room rates. There was a fully equipped Gym separate to the spa with a cardio room and a weights section with a bench room. Once you walk into the spa you have a wellness bar with complimentary tea, juices and fruit. Carrying on down the walkway on the left you have a roman bath, steam room, sauna, plunge pool and rain showers. Further down you have two pools, one of which is fitted with exercise bikes and the other fitted with jacuzzi loungers. Then at the end of the spa you have a feng shui pool with lots of different relaxing jets in a 35 degree heated pool. I believe that there is still a section of the spa yet to be revealed however with what was on offer we were more than happy with what was there. Once again all of this was kept in amazing condition and for the amount we paid for the hotel i would pay for just the spa itself!

We had breakfast included in our stay and we have stayed in many hotels between us and have never experienced a continental breakfast like it. Anything you wanted they would cook fresh for you and all the food available on the counters was so fresh and constantly stocked.

Fabulous hotel, fabulous staff!

1  Thank 4Claire_85
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have high expectations when I pay a lot of money for somewhere and this place did not disappoint. I am genuinely shocked and suprised by the negative comments people have posted! Is the lack of an IPOD docking staion and English TV channels really the only thing people can find fault with?

I was there 22 -28 September 2013 on the fitness retreat and I could not have had better service from all the hotel staff during my stay.

All the staff were very helpful and responsive and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. I never had long waits for anything.

I thought the breakfast buffet was one of the best - so much to choose from, well stocked and my plates were always cleared as soon as I had finished. As well as the huge variety of buffet items, you could order different types of egg, omlettes and pancakes. How could you complain at all that choice?

They made the best lattes ever. I do agree that I didnt know you could order any type coffee, it was only because I saw one being served that I asked, so perrhaps this could be included on the menu.

The pool area was great, with an endless supply of clean towels and the roof top bar and sun terrace were amazing too, especially as no-one sat there, so you could have the pool and waiters to yourself.

Yes the prices for food and drink were expensive but that is because you are staying in a decent hotel, so that does come with a price tag. I loved the fact that had a wide range of Absolute Vodka, which is poured in very generous measures and my champagne cocktail was done with Verve!

The food was tasty and there was a lot to chose from but again, I do agree it was on the expensive side. However, there were plenty of other places you could venture out to that were on the marina or beach. The Babylon Beach Restaurant was stunning and the food was delicious.

The spa is the best I have been to, with lots of different pools and steam type rooms, lots of inside and outside comfy loungers and a fruit and herbal teas free of charge.

The only slighly annying thing was the noise of the kareoke but there were plenty of places to go or sit in the hotel.

It is unfortunate if the other people stay in the hotel are loud and boisterous but I think it is unfair to include that in a review about the hotel as they dont have insight as to how each guest is going to behave!

For me, I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
ME Ibiza
ME Ibiza
#6 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#4 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
#3 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#9 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Aguas de Ibiza? Share your experiences!