See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2017

I was looking forward to long weekend at the hotel with my family. I liked the area, it is located in the mountains. Lovely location. Pool was nice, good water temperature. Bit small on hot days as lots of people from outside come for a day. Hotel room was too small, no place to put your bag. View from the window was on the roof. TV remote control did not work, they had to change the TV from other room. The kettle was so smelly, coffee and milk powder were old and dry. I paid extra 10 euros for a night for a superior room as no other room was available. Hotel staff adviced the extra charge is for the furniture and bath robe. I could live without that.
In summer, you find there summer camp / conferences, lots of people. Not happy with my stay. Staff unprofessional, not willing to help, no information given during check in. Hotel full of kids on summer camp. The food was same like for the kids, I felt like I am eating at the school

Room tip: superior room very small and extra 10 euro. Have not seen other rooms.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

The location is nice, but the hotel is built on the slope and steps are everywhere (no lift). Old rooms without balconies was the prime setback for me, the kitchen was very tasty, but the beverages out of reality for hardly *** place (Glas of wine 3,80€ and so on).

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2016

I visited this hotel first time. Location is on beautiful place inside the wild country. Plenty of rooms oriented on north or south with pool view. you can stay also on chalets near the hotel. The food was good and also the rooms. They are small but comfortable. The architecture of the hotel is old school but the wellness and the pool is totally perfet and clean. Suitable for families. You should offer better coffe.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2016

Our NGO organized Erasmus+ youth exchange in the hotel and we were very satisfied as there were several conference rooms, lot of possible activities for participants to do beside seminars we had. The food was delicious and the restaurant also offered wide selection for gluten free, vegetarian, vegan etc. The staff was extremely nice and always helped with whatever we needed. The atmosphere was great, surroundings were beautiful. If you have bigger group be aware there is a low tunnel and not every bus fits under it.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2016

So the positive points of the Remata are as follows: The location is beautiful , set up on a hillside surrounded by woods and countryside. The staff were very friendly,efficient and always on hand. There was also plenty to do including the indoor pool,albeit quite small with sauna, bowling and a pool table though it was in terrible need of recovering. The massage I had was also excellent and reasonably priced.
The food was very average especially the breakfast but all was edible.

Now for the negative points:
The hotel overall felt like it needed a facelift it is quite dated but generally clean. As for the first room we had well it was tiny with the smallest t.v I think I've ever seen. The radiator took forever to heat the room(especially considering the size of room) then during the night it was too hot and I had to keep turning it down.

The beds were 2 singles pushed together so there was a large area of wood between me and my partner, not ideal when you are a couple and very uncomfortable. On top of that the mattresses were wafer thin and lay on top of the cheapest and most disfunctional slats I have ever come across. During the night 2 of the slats on my partners side gave way and she proceeded to sleep in effectively a hole for the rest of the night. We were both also woken at 6am by a family above us who's children were screaming and running around for the next 2 hours. This I understand is not the hotels fault but be aware noise travels easily here. We were moved to another room because of the bed situation that morning but the beds were no better and simply sitting on them caused slats to give way.During our 2nd night 4 of mine gave way and I spent 20 minutes at 1am trying to fix my bed and hurt my hand in the process. I then spent the rest of the night daring not to move in case the same thing happened again. On waking some of my partners slats gave way also so we just gave up and got up. By the way we are both of slim build this had nothing to do with our weight.

To top the whole weekend off on opening the window in our room that morning about 30 very large flies came into the room it was like something out of a horror film. There was obviously a nest on that side of the building which the receptionist acknowledged they had had a problem with before.

On checking out and explaining our complaints we were told we could not get a refund of any sort as we hadn't booked through the hotel but through a third party which I think is nonsense as they could have offered to at least cancel our extras bill which was only €36 but they didn't and by that stage I didn't have the will to argue, I just wanted to leave.

Room tip: Avoid 107 and 105 has the flies!!!
Date of stay: April 2016