“lovely food and lovely people”
Review of Restaurante No Patio - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Restaurante No Patio
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Newly opened in ideal location close to Vau beach, Portimao & Alvor
manchester,uk
“lovely food and lovely people”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have just returned from our second trip here in three days.
Alvor itself very quiet early Feb, but this place full and now I Know why!
Very tasty well presented and well cooked food, lots of choice and very reasonable.
We had a party of four and all if us had starters, main and 3 of us had desserts and all had coffee.

Bill came to 75 euros in total and that included wine.
Absolutely love meals and lovely friendly atmosphere.
Give it a try and you will not be disAppointed!!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank db270861

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed with the limited menu”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Having eaten at No Patio previously and beefing it up to my visiting Daughter and Partner, I was looking forward to us having a lovely evening eating a good quality meal at a well regarded eatery.
We arrived around 9pm and there were 12 other customers in the restaurant.
Perhaps it was because it was a little late in the season, (Friday night, mid October), but the menu was VERY limited.
My Daughters' Partner was looking forward to a good quality steak on their last night. He found only one on the menu which was sold out!
So it ended up with three eating Fish, Chips and mushy peas, (albeit well presented), with me opting for Duck legs with vegetables and potatoes, (very tasty, spot on).
The service, as always, was exemplary.
My daughter would have liked a decent a la carte meal to finish her visit not "Pub grub".
Although I was very disappointed with the lack of choice available on the menu, I will visit No Patio again. Next time I will check the menu before sitting down and ordering drinks.

• Visited October 2013
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“This is one restaurant you must visit”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Six of us were sharing a 3-bedroom apartment in Vau which was within about 200 yards of this restaurant.
We were told by the person who looks after this flat (having lived here for 14 years) that we would not find better food in any nearby resort whether it cost 6 Euros or 40 Euros and she was right. This particular restaurant we dined at on three occasions and every time we found that our main courses were cooked to perfection and the desserts were to die for. The chef personally came round to each table to check we were satisfied and the staff were always attentive and service excellent. On average we were paying about 20-25 Euros each which included wine.

2 Thank Bill P
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Food very good”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Have been to No Patio many times and always enjoy the food. It is well cooked and tasty. We always enjoy the fish and chips and the Sunday lunch. This is definitely a restaurant that we will return to time and again.

2 Thank alandmal
Portsmouth, UK
“No atmosphere, but good food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Considering how many good reviews I have seen about No Patio I was slightly disappointed by what we found last wednesday.

We'd booked for an 8 o'clock meal and were suprised to find only two other tables occupied at that time.

We ordered pre-dinner drinks and made our orders for the starters and mains.
To start with my wife selected chicken liver pate and I went for a mushroom risotto which turned up within after about five minutes which in my book is a tad too soon for a fresh risotto. My wife was a bit non-plussed by the toasts which came with the pate (out of a packet!)
We hadn't had time to finish our pre-dinner drinks. Now I'mm all for good service but there has to be an element of timing to allow for the natural flow.

My spicy indian cod dish with saute potatoes was good but my wife was left disappointed with her pork loin dish with apple and cider sauce because the meat was dry and slightly overdone.

The service was pleasant enough but the lack of atmosphere did detract slightly. By 9:20 we were in a taxi heading back to Alvor.

1 Thank Lozzmeister