“50 yds off the main drag, but a crime to miss it!”
Review of Caravela

Caravela
Ranked #31 of 162 Restaurants in Alvor
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful restaurant with a great welcome every time we return. Fransisco is the perfect host and the food is just superb, even though we generally only manage to go twice a year our 'usual' table is always reserved when we book - A must!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've been to Alvor three times, and I discovered Caravela on the second - I couldn't wait to go back on my third visit! We sat outside this time, which was lovely, and I had the Algarve steak, which was even better than the first time I had it. The cocktails are lovely, the puddings are delicious, and the staff are great too. I can't fault it.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a ten day stay in Alvor and we dined here four times, that speaks volumes in my eyes, for the wonderful food, excellent service and great atmosphere. We are always made very welcome as all his customers are. The fish, steak and chicken we can recommend without a doubt.
Fantastic restaurant at a reasonable price.

2  Thank Kitchener50
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We ate here last night it has been our beet meal so far in Alvor out of the 5 nights we have dined out, I had the stone bass in a lemon and caper sauce my wife had the sea bass fillets both dishes were absolutely delicious these also came with dauphinoise potatoes and a carrot salad, then we finished with chocolate cake to share which was nice.
Staff were nice and friendly and prices were reasonable.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a very nice meal of pork medallions in a fruity sauce. Quite unusual and very tasty. Unfortunately we did not discover it until our 2nd week or we would have done another visit. The service was good and the price was on a par with the other nice restaurants in Alvor.