“Dined here five times in ten days and every meal was fantastic”
Review of Caravela

Caravela
Ranked #39 of 155 Restaurants in Alvor
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Dined here five times in ten days and every meal was fantastic”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Out of ten days we dined here five times, this was purely because we had delicious food cooked to order with beautiful fresh food and vegetables. It was truly amazing there were three adults and one child dinning and the menu has everything to suit all our tastes.
The fish was beautiful as was the steak on the stone, our grandson also had a lovely menu to choose from which was equally as well presented as the adult meals.
The house dessert is to die for as are the delicious strawberries which our grandson loved.
The service was excellent and everyone is so friendly.
Fantastic all round!

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Scotland
“Food varies service good”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Went here in a party of seven and food varied. My sirloin was excellent as was the accompanying sauce with mushrooms. My starter of garlic mushrooms was excellent also. We ordered 2 fillet steaks and these came almost raw when ordered medium well. A table behind us had the same problem so one wonders. The fillet steak had an unusual texture so again one wonders. The house wine was excellent and the surroundings and service good. The fillet of sole was also voted a hit. I would go back again but not for fillet steak.

Visited July 2013
Scotland
“Enjoyable meal”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Visited this restaurant last week and had a very nice meal. The menu is quite interesting and I noted that they have some tapas selections as well as the usual dishes. I enjoyed my meal although my only criticism would be that my lamb was slightly over-cooked. Service was good and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CAM52
Northern Ireland
“Superb restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Each time we visit Alvor we always go to as Francisco and staff are very welcoming and the food is 1st class. We have tried various dishes and have never been disappointed. Will definitely be eating at Caravela next time we visit.

• Visited June 2013
Glasgow
“Helpful Staff”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had a great mixed grill, my wife tried the fish and even though the waiter tried to help her,by filleting it she struggled,we will go back but not for the Fish. We also had a fantastic Tapas light Lunch there.

Visited June 2013