“Busy but a lovely meal”
Review of O Luis

O Luis
Ranked #46 of 155 Restaurants in Alvor
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 46 Years of family tradition will indulge you on an experience you will not forget! We'll be waiting for you!
Pontypridd
“Busy but a lovely meal”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked a table in the morning for that evening. Waiters were on the go for the whole of the time we were there, it did not however compromise service as they seemed used to the activity. I chose steak and my wife pork with clams. The pork was a very generous meal and my wife failed to eat it all, that said we did have a starter and an unexpected plate of tapas.... which we ate. The steak was also of a good size and well cooked, all of the food was hot. Good wine list but we went for a sauvignon blanc cos we recognised the grape variety.....14 euros a bottle. Lovely view of the ocean and all in all a very good meal and experience. Total bill 70 euros with tip. If we ever come back to this part of Portugal we will return.

• Visited June 2013

“Perfect beachside restaurant”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is a little gem, the food is superb, the fish especially. We dined here everyday with our three young children, the staff were friendly and accommodating, the location is lovely, highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
Dublin
“Used for lunch only”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Service was okay, staff were friendly. reasonable choice and reasonably priced. Also close to our hotel.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DublinTommy
“Todays special is caterpillar!!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went to restaurant for lunch today. Staff was very welcoming. That was until the food arrived!!!
Half way through my ham and cheese omelette I noticed a caterpillar crawling in my salad. This could of been easily avoided by the chef washing the salad before serving!!!!! I told the waiter what I had found and he just laughed it off like it was a regular occurrence!!!! I told him I couldn't carry on with my meal. He did offer if I would like anything else but of course I declined because I was feeling quite green from my previous meal. We asked for the bill and no refund or discount was given!!! Lets just say no tip was given!! Please look out for moving letteces if you decide to dine here!!!!!!!'n

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ginfilly
“Great service. Great people”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my mam dad sis my wife and two little ones aged 4 and 1 had a great time. Great staff. Great food. Really good with the kids. Lovely time here. Highly recommend!!!

• Visited May 2013