“menu for all”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

just had an amazing meal here with my family and i could not fault the place. the staff,service, decor and atmosphere was lovely. the food was superb we all had different dishes, pork kebab, salmon and fillets on a stone which was the most fun dining/cooking experience and the meat was melt in the mouth-will return again before my week is out.

2  Thank gaswoman

Reviewed July 19, 2012

top class stake on the stone and we have tried many other dishes with excellent service at a price eveyone can afford, go ahead and, try it

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Ate here 3 times last week and couldn't fault a thing. Beautiful fish and steaks, very simply done but delicious. Excellent value for money. We paid between 33 and 44 euros for a bottle of wine, a bottle of water, 1 starter, 2 mains, 2 desserts and coffee. It's not a fancy place but we found it very hard to beat. All the tables were taken on each of our visits so that speaks for itself.

1  Thank sammyEU
Reviewed June 22, 2011

It's the nearest restaurant to our holiday apartment- a bit off the beaten track but only yards from village centre - so we had to try it! Possibly the friendliest restaurant I've ever visited. Roberto + family greet you very warmly and service is excellent. Best food (for us) has been local Alantejo(?) specialities but ask and you'll get good advice. Wide variety at good prices. I'd recommend "caripau"- horse mackerel with the backbone removed served with head and tails on, which you eat!, but my wife wouldn't. She didn't like my remarks about how crunchy the eyes were! Many local taxi drivers lunch here when there's a daily special at a good price. You won't do better than them!

1  Thank REGULARDRINKER
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We visited Duartes whilst in Alvor May 2011, 1 starter, 2 main meals and 2 soft drinks 24euro, the food was excellent, I had the Sirloin steak here and man the thickness of it was unreal, it was done exactly how I wanted it and it melted in my mouth, location a bit quiet, plain but nicely decorated and very clean with friendly staff (as we found them all to be in the restaurants in Alvor actually).

1  Thank hammerman