“Good Times”

Big Reds Steakhouse
Ranked #39 of 158 Restaurants in Alvor
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Back to Big Reds!!
Same warm welcome and swift service.
Took on the monster ribs and the mixed grill (well not all at once) they were both fantastic.
Loving the new location in Alvor.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

my wiand i went to big reds when we were delayed by the ash cloud in april.when we arrived we were seated by the window straight away,we were given menus and ordered drinks,we were the only people in the place.after 10minutes we finally got to order our food which took at least 25 minutes to arrive at the table,dont get me wrong i dont mind waiting for food but we only ordered steak nothing out of the ordinary,but 25 mins not on.

1  Thank Hugh M
Reviewed June 1, 2010

good service with a smile,was really worth taking the little trip to Big Reds from Praia De Rocha where i was staying,
the standard and quantity of food was excellent,i shall be attending again on my next trip for sure

1  Thank aceracing21
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I have visited alvor several times and always stayed at vitors plaza. While staying there i make a point if visiting Big Reds as the food and service is always exceptional. Imagine my surprise then when i come here to review my favorite restuarant again and discover the peg from swansea has slated it. Peg you want to know who writes these reviews, people like me, who dont appreciate the implication that the reviews are made up.
Once again the food was brilliant, i tried seabass for the first time in my life, fabulous. When go you should also try the home made cheese cake.
The restaurant has a new wine list with loads of good quality wines at a wide range of prices. We even bought abottle of the "Big Reds Reserva" as a nice reminder of our visit!!!
The prices have stayed the same as well which is just another bonus.
Would reccomend this to friends without a moments hestiation.

2  Thank kevo9
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I did look at tripadvisor before i chose the restaurants i would visit on my holiday me and 2 friends very nearly didn't go to big reds because of the one bad review. i think he must have been at a different restaurant. 3 other restaurants we visited and big reds was the best. the one that i want to return to. we were very nicely greeted as we came in showed to are table and was asked what we would like to drink and all done with a smile spot on service. i had the ribs very good big enough to fill the hungryest of men my friends had the biggest kiev i ever seen in a restaurant. and i lovely looking lamb shank. could not fault any of it

1  Thank bigjerrDorset