Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great bikes and service

5 of us hired bikes from Katja and Thomas in October. The bikes were top quality and the service... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JohnD0565
Dublin, Ireland
via mobile
ALVOR - Sept 2019

I visited Alvor in Sept for a week and hired a bike from Sunbike Tours. Both Thomas and Katja were... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Johnnie9998
via mobile

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Alvor
from $61.78
from $125.80
from $95.47
from $28.08
More Info
All reviews road bike summit tour great ride cycling experience rent a bike brilliant days an excellent tour guide excellent bikes fantastic quality great cycling in perfect condition look no further superb experience western algarve home made cakes coffee and cake next year
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a group of 6 and rented bicycles for a tour to mount Foia starting from the shop, around 100km in total. Everything went very smoothly. The bicycles were of very good quality and Thomas and Katja were very friendly and promptly responded by email or phone to any question. They took time to individually adjust the bicycles and to explain the operation of the bicycles and the best routes. We can highly recommend them. If you plan a bicycle tour in Western Algarve, look no further, this is the right rental store.

Date of experience: September 2019
Katja W, Inhaber at Sunbike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hallo Philip,

thank you very much for cycling with us and for the great review.
You guys was much fun to have arround and we hope to see one or the other again here :-))
Until then we wish you all the very best!

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our third year coming back to Thomas and Katja. Every year is the same, very friendly service with a smile and a chat. This year we did the 95km summit tour to Fóia and it was amazing! Stunning views from the highest point of the Algarve, with some delicious cake to go with it! Thomas goes at the pace of the weakest cyclist but he gives opportunities for the others to cycle ahead on some of the climbs if they wish.

Thomas and Katja are very knowledgeable and passionate about cycling, and offer good advice on how to use the bikes properly (we're not very experienced road cyclists!). They can recommend which tour would suit you based on your level of experience and fitness. The bikes were in perfect condition, as was all the clothes and gear supplied. We got some photos of the tour send to us afterwards which is a nice touch!

Thanks guys, we're looking forward to seeing you both again next year!

Hello Michaela and Graham,

many thanks for your great review and also for sharing your trust and time with us :-))
Will see next year !!

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went on a day trip into the hills with Thomas as a guide. It was a great day out, Thomas really knew his stuff and tailored the trip to suit my needs and ability. The shop kitted me out from top to toe in high quality gear and the bike was also of a good quality. We left at 8am as it was too hot to set off later and the weather was perfect. After a great day of about 6 hours, I was sent a lovely memento of the day in the form of a video on Whatsapp as pics were take on route. Nice touch. I visit Alvor regularly and will definitely be back to rent a bike and go up the mountains on my own now I have been given the confidence from the trip with Thomas.

Hello Jim,
many thanks for your your great review and sure hope to have you with us soon again.

Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was looking to hire a bike and cycle in the hills, mainly Monchique. The owners, Katja and Thomas, suggested that I take a tour one day. I'm really glad that I did, the experience was superb! We set off at 8am as it was cooler then and Thomas knows the hills very well and we took a quiet route upwards. The scenery was beautiful and we took pictures along the way. The day exceeded all my expectations as we reached the town of Monchique and beyond. Thomas was an excellent tour guide, going at my speed and watching out for me to avoid potholes etc in the road. The tour took about 6 hours and was well worth the 55 euros which included hiring All the equipment from head to toe. I am now confident that I could cycle those roads on my own and will hire a bike again from Sun Bike Tours. Thank you again for a lovely day. Try them out, they have all kinds of bikes and are a good price for a day out.

Date of experience: September 2019
Katja W, Inhaber at Sunbike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello James,
many thanks for your great review.
We are very pleased to guide you threw your first Roadbike cycling in the Serra de Monchique to sure
make the best experience. Of course we are delited that you had such a great feeling and are more then welcome to rent you with all you need out for more great experiences.
Will see you soon again
Many thanks

Reviewed August 20, 2019

This is my second year to go on tours with sunbike. I had two fantastic days in 2018 and better again in 2019. All good fun, very professional, great safety, encouragement and advice, both in the shop and on the road. Fantastic routes, fantastic bikes and equipment. It is more than a cycling tour, it’s all an experience from the time you enter the shop to the time you get back, for example I brought my kids out to foia at sunset to collect water and see the Algarve from Foia- not a regular trip for a sun holiday. Highly recommend sunbike- if you are cyclist of any ability, you will not be in any way disappointed. You will be guided well, taken care of and kept safe. Pics and video of each tour is a nice end to a great morning out. I will go back in 2020 and sunbike will be on my list of things to do in the Algarve. Big thanks to Thomas and Katja, great passion for their customers and business

Date of experience: August 2019
Katja W, Inhaber at Sunbike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Hello Stephen,
many thanks for your great review.
You have not only because of us a great time, this is also because you are a great guy with a great personality and fun. We like to have you arround and look forward to your next visit.
We are happy that we are the reason for you to get up early :-)))
See you soon