“Excellent”

Restaurante Ruccula
Ranked #1 of 158 Restaurants in Alvor
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This restaurant is so popular we had to book 10 days in advance. Staff and chef Richard are very friendly and welcoming. We return each year and have sampled various dishes which are all fantastic and really good value. Tom and Olive

2  Thank Guy114
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very disappointed, having visited Ruccula 2 years ago with a friend, we couldnt manage to get in last year as we were last minute and they booked up.

This year, decided to be ahead of myself and emailed them 2M before we were due to go to book last Saturday night on the terrace as it was my birthday. No reply, re-emailed them a month later with a read receipt on the email and to date I still have no reply !!!

Bad news Ruccala, we went to the Faustinos Steak House on the main strip and spent over £300 on our meal and night out - I cannot fault their food or service or atmosphere. An absolutely excellent place to go.

7  Thank JanJanNeauFerrieeee
Reviewed July 10, 2013

have dined here a lot we use it for special occasions the food is exellant and great value for money the chef richard is a complete gem as are all the staff .a family run affair with great food service and atmosfere nothing is to much trouble

Reviewed July 8, 2013

You need to book a table befor you go on holiday because it is that popular you will not get in. Any of the starters are amazing, I had the spring roll in sweet chilli sauce and my husband had the cod goujons all i can say is i wanted more they were both sooooo delicious. Main meals are also great not being a red meat eater myself I would reccomend the chicken breast with mozzarella and tomato, but if you love steak the Fillet Steak is highly reccommended. A must have is the dauphinoise potatoes also amazing!!!!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Lovely food great staff and ambience, we booked when we arrived in Alvor and it didn't disappoint us.the staff make you feel so welcome, we'll certainly be back.