“Caiprinha heaven!!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Caiprinha heaven!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Must agree with all that has been said about this small bar. You MUST go here and try their caipirinhas - they are second to none. Prices for this drink are pretty much the same at 3.50 euros in Alvor, but the Bolan bar simply does them bigger and better. Sit outside, enjoy and watch the world go by. My idea of heaven.

Visited September 2012

Waterford, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“My favorite bar in the world!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've been going here since I was very young, absolutely love the place, all the staff are so friendly and are always joking around and having fun. I don't even want to know how many caipirinhas I've had here but I enjoy every one of them :)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dhoban
Toronto
“Fantastic relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The atmosphere is really special, you are just happy to be there, to talk with so many open-minded and friendly people, and to listen to reggae music!

Visited July 2012
Loughrea, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“"First Caipirinha!"”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Looked at this bar on several occasions on other trips but never ventured inside. We were missing out. Saw other reviews in Tripadvisor praising the Caipirinha's and decided to try one here. A revelation! My wife and I don't often like the same drinks but we both loved the ones prepared here,by a very friendly and helpful barman who explained how he was preparing ours. The bar itself stands out with its Rasta exterior and walls of reggae, rock and political posters inside. There was actually a poster there for the "Galway Arts Festival 1989" which was a surprise for me on holidays here, being from that neck of the woods. Very reasonably priced too even though it is in the very heart of the restaurant area near the harbour. A nice place to have a relaxing drink while listening to their sound system. Drop in if you can, you won't regret it.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Irnoely
Newport, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Have been to Alvor 5 times but this last time was the first time we went to the Bolan Bar - wish we'd been before. Sergio & Valter are stars! Great chilled place, good crowd, full of locals not tourists on the whole which is perfect! We will be back

Visited June 2012