“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cactos II

Cactos II
Ranked #14 of 149 Restaurants in Alvor
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: As well as being popular for the night time live music in our clean and comfortable bar, we also have a large sunny terrace near the swimming pool at the Apartments Dunas do Alvor. We hope you will find it a perfect place to relax in the sun or enjoy those long summer nights. We have a tasty snack menu from midday to 3pm and a variety of special offers on drinks during the day, with our €1 large Super Bocks and €2.50 Cocktail Specials being especially popular. We offer only brand name spirits and hope that you will find the perfect mix of pleasant surroundings, friendly staff and outstanding value for your money.We have live music every night and show Sky Sports/Setanta and ESPN for major sports events. We look forward to meeting you!
West Sussex
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Local beer and snacks at very favorable prices served by friendly staff. Faces the sun most of the day - ideal to get a tan whilst having refreshments. Live entertainment most evenings with the singing manager!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Martin D
cactosIIbar, Manager at Cactos II, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our bar Martin, we very much appreciate a balanced summary that helps future customers know what to expect - we hope to see you again!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am a person who uses trip advisor frequently to help find out places to go on holiday and, on planning my return to visit to Alvor, I realised that I'm guilty of not reviewing the places I have enjoyed..... I therefore start with Cactos Bar as, had I read the last 2 reviews before my last holiday, I probably wouldn't have gone there. If that had been the case I would have missed out on one of the best parts of my holiday.
My wife & I enjoyed lunch there on a few occasions as they were much more reasonably priced than at our hotel. The waitress was so friendly that we returned a number of times. We also came back night after night as it was such a friendly place with excellent entertainment, great company and fantastic service from the ladies and Ti. I would describe the bar as a lively, friendly place for families and couples who are looking for entertainment but not raucous nightlife.
I certainly would recommend that the Cactos Bar is a MUST visit on your holiday in Alvor.

2 Thank Barry S
cactosIIbar, Owner at Cactos II, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our bar - it's always so nice to hear that we have added to the enjoyment of a holiday. Our lovely waitress, Helen, is back with us again this year and, of course, Mark entertaining by night - we look forward to perhaps seeing you again.
Silves, Portugal
“Bar/Cactos”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Don't expect to find anything Portuguese here - full of Brits and loud holiday makers which is not always the ambiance one requires. But if you like that then I guess it could be your kindaplace !

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank CumeadadoBaixo
cactosIIbar, Owner at Cactos II, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Well this is is a hard review to respond to! Essentially I guess, if a label was to be applied, we are perhaps a British bar as Mark and I are English but we are pleased to have a full time Portuguese waiter, Portuguese lager & liqueurs, Portuguese customers and plenty of Portuguese sunshine!! We are delighted to also have British and other nationality customers - everyone welcome but I would mention we can't allow you to be too noisy as we are within an apartment complex and constantly work to achieve a balance of ambience in the bar without spoiling it for other people staying in the apartments.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“A more unpleasant host would be hard to find”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Your 'jovial' host trots out the same act night after night and all is ok until something upsets him, having witnessed him kick off twice I will not be there to see it a happen a third.

7 Thank Chris W
cactosIIbar, Owner at Cactos II, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Unfortunately if you constantly shout out unfunny comments from the front table to the man with the microphone, spoiling the night's entertainment for everyone else, the man with the microphone has the obvious advantage!

We try to make everyone welcome but sometimes we have to agree that certain customers and our bar are not suited to each other.
fife
“Back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We go to the Cactos II bar every year and the welcome gets better and better, always have a great time and we will be back next year!

cactosIIbar, Owner at Cactos II, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thanks you two..... Always great to see you. Don't forget Carl..... You're doing a Tuesday night for me next year.