“Superb views”

Ranked #56 of 158 Restaurants in Alvor
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Love the view out over the bay and the marina, Food is fine and the service is good. Great way to end the evening especially at sunset

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Visited here as part of a party of eight and found the restaurant to be wonderful from all aspects. We were a mixture of both Spanish and Irish and the waiter managed to cater for our varying tastes with good humour and ease. The food when it arrived was fresh and tasty; very well presented. The bill at the end of the meal was very reasonable for a restaurant of this quality - one would expect to pay extra for the view alone. A special mention to our waiter of the evening (unfortunately I didn't get his name) who was so friendly and welcoming and had an amazing sense of humour. Very well done Casa do Rio, we will definitely return.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited this restaurant having been previously two years ago and having enjoyed the food and atmosphere.
Having been presented a menu I enquired as to where they were prepared to do a cataplanas for one as this is shown as for 2 in the menu and was told this was not possible. I accepted and understand this but am aware that a lot of the other restaurants in the area will do this although it is always shown as a two person dish.

As is custom in Alvor I was shown a platter of fresh fish and was recommended the sole by the waiter which I decided to order with the usual boiled potatoes and salad. The food was very good, cooked well and provided with a generous quarter of lime to squeeze over the delicate taste of the sole. To follow I asked the waiter what he recommended and was presented with a local delicacy Tarte de Amendoa which is basically an Almond tart. I have had this elsewhere in Portugal but this was by far the best I have had so far as it can sometimes be a bit dry. I suspect that this was not the traditional recipe as it seemed more of a fudge like consistency.

The location itself is very good on a nice top being on top of a hill with good views over the harbour and estuary. However when there is a breeze like on the day I visited it can be a bit cool once the sun starts to go down and a number of people did move into the limited indoor area provided.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sit out on a barmy sunny evening a take in the stunning view of the harbor while you eat your cooked meal of either freshly caught fish or various meat dishes, do not forget the Vino or Beer.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We tried this restaurant for the first time this year and we were not disappointed. We received a warm welcome and a good choice of food to choose from. The quality and service were superb and we will definitely be going back in the future. The cost was reasonable and the view was amazing overlooking the harbour and a lovely sunset to top it off.

1  Thank RIDINGAROUND