“I love this place”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“I love this place”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Everyone who goes to alvor should try this place, can't recommend it highly enough, great friendly atmosphere, good prices, don't know why it isn't rated higher. I had the Special Fish for €9.50, which was a whole seabass - best I have had anywhere.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Alvor`s hidden secret.”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I were told of this restaurant by a local, on arrival we were met by the owner who made us very welcome. The food and service was excellent, both my wife and I had the sea bass and it was so good I was sorry to see my plate empty, potatoes and vegetables were so fresh and the white wine slipped down a treat. This restaurant is just off the main street and is a real gem, I believe it is family owned and run, and you can have a very pleasent evening with no rush and a wonderful host.

• Visited June 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“good place”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

nice food, fast service, I think it's a bit over rated though. It wasn't the best meal I had all week, and it did seem very busy as I left so maybe avoid this otherwise you could wait a long time. (we were the first customers in at 6.30pm ish )

• Visited June 2012
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
“THE BEST RESTAURANT AROUND!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

To me this is the best restaurant in Alvor I have been going here since I was born and I have to say the food is outstanding.I would highly recommend anything on the menu especially the golden bream that is my favorite fish of all time.I would also recommend the Portugese style steak.
Although I do have to say it is quite a tight space,but I don't care I always get a seat.
In my opinion.

Food 10/10.

Service 10/10.

Location 10/10.

All in all it is just a great restaurant.

• Visited July 2011
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Completely ignored”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We waited an hour for a table and were seated with a couple we didn't know. Our order was taken before theirs. The wine came but no water,or starter (only bread and pate). During the next half hour our neighbours were served more complex starters whilst we tried to catch the attention of the waiters, and we were close to the serving area. More people arrived and were seated, orders taken and starters delivered. Still no water, bread or pate. We realised they were busy but by the time we accepted we had been forgotten the meal was spoiled in our minds. We asked our neighbours to move (bench seats) so we could leave. The head waiter asked us what was the matter, we explained and he said we should have reminded him! At long last we'd stopped being invisible! We left. The waiter followed outside DEMANDING payment for the half bottle we had sipped whilst patiently waiting. We refused and walked away. Customer service? Not a clue! An apology and a new booking might have repaired the damage, a demand for money did not!

• Visited May 2012