“KASHMIR***UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT***”

Ranked #28 of 163 Restaurants in Alvor
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our restaurant opened in March 2018. We offer great meals at prices to suit all pockets. Our terrace is open from spring time, and our ground floor is heated in the winter and air conditioned during the summer. We are a friendly restaurant offering delicious meals.
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Kashmir Restaurant has now closed and it's namesake reopened on the main street....The quality of the food is excellent..... Quality ingredients used to provide the best Indian food...Yum Yum I can still taste the delicious Chicken Bhuna!! My husband stated they make the best poppadums he has ever tasted!! ... Sanjeet and Poppy are so welcoming and perfect hosts..... The sun terrace is so great to dine and catch the sun aswell... A great find ... Try it once and you will never go anywhere else -----

5  Thank bradLancaster
David M, Friend helping with the reviews at Indian Garden, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Firstly thank you very much for your review, and secondly I apologise if you getting a second reply to your review of the Kashmir. My name is David , and I am helping out with their replies as they do not think that their English is good enough, (and they are busy now).

I agree with all your comments, and I , personally, eat vegetarian their now as I find the flavours really distinctive.

Best wishes for a good summer, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

When we first saw the restaurant did Tandoori and Pizza I thought it needed a wide berth. However we had a takeaway and the food was great. Really tasty indian food and the chicken tikka pizza is recommended.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Excelent byriani, very broad menu, pizza for kids and friendly staff!
Peshwari naan very tasty.
Great value for money on a place serving ice cold Cobra...
I'll be back!

2  Thank Fradiano
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My wife & I visited this restaurant on our recent trip to Alvor. We were surprised to find that the place was empty apart from a couple of diners paying their bill having completed their meal. The waiter seemed startled that we had entered the establishment so i can only guess they were going through a quiet spell and not expecting customers to walk in from the street? After this initial 'poor' first impression we settled into our seats in what turned out to be a nice looking resaurant, the service we received was good as was the food. There is no doubt it was value for money (2 set dinners including bottle of wine) for approx 30 euros, but there was something lacking - i think a few more diners would make this place a great place to eat!

1  Thank DudleyLen
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The food at this restaurant is amazing! The service was fantastic as well. The place is not much to look at, but it has air con and cold drinks. We all had various curries and condiments and were all happy. We even had takeaway twice in that week from here. They were closing at one point but still re-opened for us and served us food.