FindHotel
Destinia.com
Hurb
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews fjord view room two nights nice view nice room hellesylt
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2019

Stayed here one night in August. I was probably the only guest who wasn't a tourist as I was on a business trip and traveled further north the morning after my arrival.

Check-in was easy and effortless, car parking is free and the room was actually a little bit bigger than I anticipated.

The hotel was crowded with tourists from all over the world (you name it; Americans, Asians, all kind of Europeans), but they all seemed friendly (as most people are actually).

On the positive note: the room has wooden flooring which I always prefer, WiFi worked perfect, it was clean and the bed was really good. And the staff both in the reception and in the buffet restaurant was friendly.

I try to avoid buffets but since I arrived quite late I went for it this time. Nothing to say about it really, well; cod and salmon which is so dry that it is barely eatable isn't something you serve to a western Norwegian, like me, it was despicable.

There was some decent meat and other stuff though.

Breakfast was ok.

Based on the price I paid, including breakfast (apprx.100EURO in total) I think it was worth its value especially since this was in the main tourist season, and Geiranger is main cruise port and a place where many of the coaches/buses with international tourist stops by.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view, I didn't get one though
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2019

The hotel is located on the banks of the fjord offering great views (from selected rooms only - remember to ask!). The hotel has seen better days and shows some signs of wear and tear but large and clean rooms and comfy beds make up for it. Varied buffet breakfast with local food.
There is not much to see in Geiranger so make sure to see the waterfall (up the hill and then... well... you will hear it ;)

Room tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a view!
Reviewed August 12, 2019

The rating is based on value, on its own the hotel deserves a 4 but based on the price it's a 2 or a 3.

The room was nice with a private balcony that overlooked the fjord, the beds good and comfortable and the bathroom a mix of nice and dated.

However there are several annoying aspects, for a country that tries to promote environmental awareness single use plastic shampoo packets! A soap bar wrapped in plastic with nowhere to place it so it does not make a mess and only a single charging plug for cars.

A very nice selection for breakfast buffet and very friendly and helpful staff.

Room tip: 708 was nice and had nice views
Reviewed August 4, 2019

The hotel relies on a good location and large coach tour groups for business. It makes little effort with guests. Rooms are small, with limited facilities (no tea or coffee, no fridge etc). Decor and bathrooms need an upgrade. We stayed for 4 nights and were given a twin room despite having asked for a double. When we asked to change we were told that the hotel was full but that the next morning a room would be available. When we returned to the reception the following morning, we were told no other rooms were available but that they would fix the single beds together. This didn't happen. The views are good but ours was partially obscured by the hotel extension in front, even though we had paid for a room with a fjord view. We asked to drop off laundry and were told the hotel doesn't provide this service - they were also unable to direct us to a place that could wash our clothes. The breakfast is average. We received far better rooms, service, food and facilities in hotels we paid half the price for elsewhere in Norway - I'd highly recommend that anyone considering this hotel looks for alternatives in the area.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

Great location, bit noisy but you get that if you want to be on the waterfront very warm night so didn’t sleep well. Accommodation was ok, beds semi comfy, breakfast and dinner nice but restaurant was really hot!! No air con

Date of stay: July 2019